Author Topic: Carolyn's Training Log (TraceuseDS)  (Read 95903 times)

Offline TraceuseDS

• Patas
  • Carolyn (Carrie) S.
    • View Profile
Re: Carolyn's Training Log (TraceuseDS)
« Reply #620 on: September 26, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
September 3, 2011: Rain jam downtown! Worked on wallruns, mostly. Also did some handstand practice. Played a lot in the water, since we were all soaking wet the entire time anyway. :)

September 4, 2011: Gymnastics gym. Did a few rather terrible front flips on the tumble track (I think I'm not doing these often enough to retain muscle memory very well :-\ ). Had a foam-block throwing fight. Played around with various sorts of martial arts grabs/throws/whatever.

September 6, 2011: Awesome gymnastics class!! ;D Did a group warmup that involved tons of dynamic follow-the-leader-type movements: jogging, rolls,  handstands, cartwheels, roundoffs (I modified these to cartwheels), and handsprings (I mostly just watched these). Then we did some basic warmed-up stretches, including a bit of yoga. 'Twas lovely. :) Trained some movements that'll be helpful in eventually putting together my roundoff, and learned to do that thing on a trampoline where you sit down and bounce back up onto your feet.

September 7, 2011: Swing dancing: 1.5 hours.

September 8, 2011: Exciting new swing/lindy-hop class: 1.5 hours. Did all kinds of fun improvisation stuff (yes, even me!).
Just take the next step.A day without a challenge is a wasted day.

Offline TraceuseDS

• Patas
  • Carolyn (Carrie) S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »
September 10, 2011: Long, meandering walk through the city.

September 11, 2011: Morning swing class: 1 hour. They said I could advance from the basic class to the intermediate one, after just my second lesson, so that was pretty cool. I was proud of myself! :D

September 13, 2011:
Morning: Aikido: 1 hour.
Evening: Orchestra rehearsals started up again: 2.5 hours.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:21:03 PM by TraceuseDS »

Offline TraceuseDS

• Patas
  • Carolyn (Carrie) S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2011, 02:38:11 PM »
September 14, 2011: Swing dancing: 1.5 hours.

September 15, 2011: The awesome swing/lindy class again, although it was overheated, crowded, and slightly less awesome this time: 1.5 hours. Worked on some Charleston (and tandem Charleston) variations.

September 16-18, 2011: Drove to and participated in an interstate blues dancing exchange (which is why the last week has been so dancing-heavy and parkour/gymnastics-light; I was gearing up for the event). I'd like to do more of these, if I can! Had some of the best/most-fun dances I've had in a long time, and even tried my hand at leading for a little bit.

September 19, 2011: Serious Gym. O.O
  • Row:
    • 4x5, 60#
  • Bench press:
    • 1x5, 55#
    • 2x5, 70#
    • 3+2, 70# (Even with a spotter.)
  • Squats:
    • 1x5, 45#
    • 1x5, 95#
    • 1x5, 135#
    • 3x4, 200# Sets were VERY rough, and I occasionally paused longer than I should've between reps, but I made the weight go up! I broke 200 pounds!! I need to repeat at this weight, though, and clean things up before I progress any farther.
  • Running intervals: 20 minutes (3 minutes running, 1 minute walking), followed by 5 minutes of a walking cooldown. Distance: Almost 1 and 3/4 miles, again. HARD, and I was pouring sweat; I think I'll take the speed up a notch next time I do this.
  • Cooldown: Stretched a lot. Hooray, I remembered!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 26, 2011, 06:18:41 PM »
Great work!

Keep it up, Carolyn
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌ยง▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline Hopefulpilot

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 26, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
You're doing REALLY well! Keep it up!  :D