Author Topic: Themed Training - Sept 25th, 7:30PM, George Mason University  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Themed Training - Sept 25th, 7:30PM, George Mason University
« on: September 22, 2008, 06:13:23 PM »
Themed Training Meets will take place on a weekly basis, unless otherwise noted, on Thursday nights between 7:30 and 10PM at GMU.  Meeting place will be in front of Robinson Hall A.

It is suggested, and almost required, to make sure you come FRESH each week for the themed meet. This means your Wednesday night should not be out drinking with your friends, doing heavy exercise or etc etc.  The training will be intensive enough to be both taxing for your body and your central nervous system.  Preparation should include waking up at a decent hour, getting a good night's rest, and eating small meals throughout the day to keep your energy levels up.

Sept 25th Theme:
Movement Overview

How is this meet going to work?
We will start out with a warm-up and joint rotation.  The warm-up will vary each week, but likely have similar ideas each time, depending on the themed training that will follow.  After the warm-up, time will be given to rest before a more intensive conditioning segment approaches.  The conditioning will be light in nature, but enough to tax the body before any technical training.  The conditioning may or may not directly lead into the themed training.  After the conditioning, we will train the theme in various ways before resting again.  At this point, the day is opened up for "free play" and working on individual training.  All participants are free to continue themed training if desired.  At the end of the session, a brief ten minute group stretch is mandatory.

Themed training meets are intended to avoid the monotony of drilling individual techniques unless it offers focus on a greater, overarching goal.  They are also designed to properly build a foundation in Parkour.  The foundation is a strong body and the ability to run, climb, jump, and crawl.  Themed training focuses on developing movement, not techniques; Parkour, not a tricklist.

To get to GMU from the Metro:

"Metro Rail: You can take the Orange Line to Vienna Metro Station and then take the Cue Bus or Mason to Metro Shuttle to the Fairfax Campus."

Buses are:
Mason to Metro
Cue Bus
Metro Bus: 15K, 15L, 17A, 17G, 29K
Fairfax Connector: Route 306

From there, you can use a map to find your way to Robinson Hall A (pretty much dead center of campus)

http://eagle.gmu.edu/map/fairfax.php
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Re: Themed Training - Sept 25th, 7:30PM, George Mason University
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:59:05 AM »
I'm trying to decide whether I'm int he right psychological state of mind for this..  I may cancel (though feel free to just go and jam).  I'll post up before 5PM if I do.  And text Wolf.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Re: Themed Training - Sept 25th, 7:30PM, George Mason University
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:32 AM »
I'm out this week. S orry.  next week, for sure.  I've got something monstrous planned.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia