Author Topic: Omaha Runners!  (Read 26294 times)

Offline Nick Kelly

• Mangabey
  • Parkour Horizons
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Horizons
Re: Omaha Runners!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »
NICK! how ya been man?
I see your still checkin in on me  ::)

ya my favorite part about winter training is that no one going to bother you because it's hella cold out.
I would just like to get something going that would be a little more light hearted before it was -10 degrees out xD

...and I'm good. Training in London was great. I just reinjured my ankle which kinda sucks, but what ev. It just means more upper body for a few weeks which I could certainly use.

Offline Rockwell

• Mangabey
  • "There's alot that I don't know...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 03:56:50 AM »
Ya I now how that goes. My upper body isn't to bad.
I just recently got a muscle up with a added 20 pounds so I'm pretty happy.
But my lower body is lacking quite a bit  :-\
What if you fail?
I won't.

"Dude how did you rip your pants?!?!?"
"Well when you travel at the speed of awesome...."

"Fast. Run Fast.Run so God damned fast. Why? Dreams don’t catch themselves."

Offline Nick Kelly

• Mangabey
  • Parkour Horizons
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Horizons
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 04:39:51 AM »
Ya I now how that goes. My upper body isn't to bad.
I just recently got a muscle up with a added 20 pounds so I'm pretty happy.
But my lower body is lacking quite a bit  :-\

One exercise that they do all the time in the PK Gen classes is just jumping over stuff. Find a fence (or just anything) and start a few feet away. Step toward it with one foot, then two foot jump over the object and land on the other side on the balls of your feet and stick the landing. Repeat around 100 times. I thought it was kinda funny because I had never really trained like that, but they do it at almost all of their classes.

Offline Nick Kelly

• Mangabey
  • Parkour Horizons
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Horizons
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »
NICK! how ya been man?
I see your still checkin in on me  ::)

ya my favorite part about winter training is that no one going to bother you because it's hella cold out.
I would just like to get something going that would be a little more light hearted before it was -10 degrees out xD

I was just wondering how you were doing, and putting off homework so I checked the Nebraska board. :-P

I sent you an email, too.

Did you get the email I sent ya?

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 09:53:36 AM »
LOL everyone else is checking in why not me. Whats up! I scheduled to go back to Nebraska round christmas for a visit... Gym jam mabye?

Hows the weather getting.
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »
that sounds awesome! The weather is COLD!!!
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline Skevich

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:18 AM »
Is this 84th and Giles place still around?  I'm looking to get into Parkour but seeing as its winter the floors of the student center just aren't the best place to practice and I could use some instruction.

Offline Nick Casey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • CaN i HaZ cOoKiE!? :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »
Is this 84th and Giles place still around?  I'm looking to get into Parkour but seeing as its winter the floors of the student center just aren't the best place to practice and I could use some instruction.
I think that most gyms would understand you training.
Just explain WTF your doing, and show them you have a basic grasp on things.. Twisters here in GI is pretty nice to me. They sometimes let me in for like 30 minutes while they are locking up.

Offline kandooparkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »
I am searching for freerunning classes in omaha but there isnt any yet when will there be freerunning classes in omaha , NE? I try freerunning but i dont feel safe doing freerunning with out classes first. Please reply.

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 09:27:34 AM »
Well, there aren't any formal classes, yet. Of that I am sure. Where do you train at? Depending on that, any one of the Omaha traceurs  could train you. How far away are you from Premier Gymnastics?
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline Zach

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 05:22:49 PM »
any one still around in Omaha? I'm looking at options for college and one of my top choices is in that area, but I'm also trying to find a place that has other practitioners as well.

Offline D14rose

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
Hey do u guys still train at that gym every week. I live about 2 hours away, but I'm just starting out and I'd love to train and learn from you guys.