Author Topic: Chattanooga Parkour  (Read 9796 times)

Offline FreeWolf

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Chattanooga Parkour
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »
This is a topic made for the purpose of the new growing parkour community of Chattanooga.
To be updated soon!

Offline Xai Harasaki

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Chattanooga Parkour
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:37:44 AM »
I agree with you. Chattanooga needs to get back into the mix. My team and another team still do it but not often so we will try to start going downtown more to scope out new places for the upcoming Jam. Hopefully we will have enough places by Spring to get a good jam going. I'll keep you posted on the developments. Long live Harasaki!

Offline Discord

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
Im in Chattanooga and have no expierence but I really want to try and would like to get in touch with some people who do here in town if there willing to hang with a noob hit me up

Offline Strano

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 09:20:35 PM »
Hey, I live near Chattanooga also, and I'd love to find some people to practice with.  I'm a noob to parkour, but I do rock climb off and on, so I at least have most of the upper body strength that would be needed.  If anyone wouldn't mind helping a noob out, just send me a msg.

Offline Joshua Smith

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Overcoming obstacles, one vault at a time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »
I'm from the Chatt. area. I live in Soddy Daisy, just outside Chatt. I'm at TTU right now in Cookeville but would enjoy training w/ others downtown sometime.
JGS-Be the difference-

Offline MunkyMan33

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »
What's up guys.  I'll be moving to Cleveland TN this fall to attend Lee.  I'm a noob, but I'm working hard to change that.  Hopefully we can all get together and train.

Offline Blinddudelol

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
I wouldn't mind training with you guys also contact me at curedblood@yahoo.com if you are still doing this
Everything I'm not made me everything I am.

Offline Joshua Smith

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »
TN traceurs unite! I plan to be downtown often practicing this summer. We need to organize a local jam and get some vid footage.
JGS-Be the difference-

Offline Joshua Smith

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »
Need to jam downtown June 6 for NPK Day. anyone interested we need time/place to meet
JGS-Be the difference-

Offline Gregztor

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Dont ask me what the subject is i'm not stupid
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 02:57:29 PM »
Hey guys i am a bit of a noob also i look for places in down town cleveland/ Lee University. In other words i have a little experience but i need some more.  I am like 13 so it would be really cool to hang with you guys, learn some new stuff. Ive got a friend that would be intrested too.

Offline skipperkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »
can someone please tell me a great place to train in parkour. Ive never really done it but would like to learn. Please give details. thank you.

Offline Daniel Thomas Reno

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 07:01:58 PM »
Im in Chattanooga and have no expierence but I really want to try and would like to get in touch with some people who do here in town if there willing to hang with a noob hit me up
423 305 5334

Offline Patrick Ethan Young

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »
Hey everyone my name is Ethan Young, founder and coach at Chattanooga Parkour Freerunning. I've been training under the discipline for about 5 years now, rock climbing for 10. Since early 2008 I've been attending training workshops from Parkour Generations and the Yamakasi, aka Majestic Force. In 2010 I received Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Qualified Coach certification from Parkour Generations and ADD Academy. I established CPK as a nonprofit to reach out to anyone interested in learning parkour in the Chattanooga area and beyond. I've read a few posts on APK from people that are interested in meeting up with others to train, which is essentially the point behind this post. The dedicated community in Chattanooga is currently small, consisting of about 5 people, including myself. We train all over Chattanooga, both in urban and natural environments. Our focus at CPK is to provide proper ground up instruction, focusing on strength and conditioning, and progressions for parkour movement. For anyone interested in meeting up to train in Chattanooga, or get more information, here is what you can do:

1) Go to Facebook and search "Chattanooga Parkour Freerunning" and LIKE the page. You can get updates and communicate with me directly on there.
2) We attend OPEN GYM on Friday's at TAG Gymnastics from 700-900p the price is $15 and it's located off Riverside Drive, GPS for directions.
3) Email me at chattanoogaparkour@gmail.com

If anyone has any further questions feel free to contact me. Look forward to talking/meeting with anyone interested. Train hard, stay safe, and much love.

Offline Connor Hunter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
Hey, my name is Connor and I am interested in getting into parkour. I am currently attending UTC and am in chattanooga mon-fri from about 8am to 10pm. My only good free time though is in the mornings from 8am to noon. Is there a way I could get someone to train me and help me get back in shape? I am currently about 40-50 pounds overweight but have maintained an active lifestyle before getting into college. If someone would be willing to help me, that would be awesome!