Author Topic: a word on smites  (Read 4245 times)

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
a word on smites
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »
the purpose of the applaude/smite system is to let people know when they are messing up or when they are doing good. however, some people (for example, me) say some things that deserve applaudes and some things that deserve smites apparently. now, it is good to not be able to see who smites you as that can cause a grudge to be formed. but i think there should be some way to see what message you got smited for so one can know what needs to be worked on.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
Re: a word on smites
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »
I agree, it would be a major help.  Of course I realize that it would probably take a huge amount of formatting, so ya know if it's ever a rainy day if you catch my drift ;).
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »
Yeah, another thing about smites is that whenever we get a surge of new people, they read old posts, and if someone posted somthing smite worthy long ago, and have already been smited for it, then they wind up get re-smited for the same post.

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:21:57 AM »
Im a little busy with site stuff now, but bump this in a month or so and Ill take a look.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:48:50 PM »
SkyNative, you are awesome, I don't think you get enough appreciation for all of the work that you do for this site.  So I'll do my part in saying thankyou, thankyou, and thankyou again ;).   
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:18:56 AM »
Yeah, thats true, with the Apk map, and probally countless other things I think ill give you some Karma for that +1

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 05:31:56 AM »
Wait, people actually pay attention to those things? I don't give a sh*t about a number. If someone has a problem with me, they shouldn't be a pussy and hide behind a little number the symbol...If you feel against something, dictate it using your words like a big kid...

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 05:36:36 AM »
I think that's exactly what Klaymen is saying :D Well, to some extent anyways. But yes ideally people would simply talk to you; but remember, this is the internet!
And when did you become so gangster, Jump?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:42:19 AM by akh horus »

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 05:46:12 AM »
But sometimes people(myself including) post in big clusters, and if something is smite worthy (or sometimes not) in that cluster, and they get smited for it, They have no idea which of there posts got them that smite, and would'nt be able to stop doing whatever it is that got them smited.

I hope you can't get smited for run on sentences.

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 11:51:30 AM »
It's not gangstar (oh flipstAr)...it just makes me mad when people are stupid. Like back in this thread...

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=953.0

he sounds like a 2 year old kid, the way he talks about the number rating... YEAH GOLD STAR FOR EFFORT

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 02:59:48 PM »
ya, this would be nice to have. Im not saying put it on your top priority list or anything, just when you get around to it. ;)

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 07:20:28 PM »
skynative-

you get a smite for every day that it is not implemendted!  >:(

haha. jk. but yea, i agree with gene. if someone really says something you don't like, tell them.