Author Topic: Strength training video  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Strength training video
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:56:16 PM »
A day of parkour strength training and conditioning. I actually got kicked out of one of my hot spots for the first time. Tell me what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqiLA6uqh7k&fmt=18

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
Re: Strength training video
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:37:19 PM »
Good stuff man, this is the kind of stuff more people need to see. Thanks for sharing.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »
Thanks Ozzi I took out allot of the warm up and such. I have recently changed my training technique. I am trying to follow Parkour generations(only by vids though) And what Steffane Vigroux said in UF interview. When training they would just reapeat things over and over around 50-100 times.

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »
That is the way, it creates muscle memory.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline mospunk

• Patas
  • Matt M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
Your vid and training definitely show dedication and discipline.  Keep it up!  It seems that you could have had an opportunity to be a positive ambassador of Parkour when the guy kicked you off your spot.  I'm guessing it was either an administrator or a custodian of the school.  Although the moment is passed, you might want to go back and talk to the guy, not necessarily to convince him, but to make him aware that you're not just some punk there to screw around and damage property.  And if he had called the cops?  Well, David Belle's hope is that the police and firefighters would use this.  I always find it to be a great comment when talking politely and in an explanatory way to the authorities.  Of course, you shouldn't expect to convince them, although making people aware that this is a serious discipline is important at this time in PK history.  Being a teacher myself, I know you'll never get official permission to train there, as schools are way too paranoid with lawsuits these days, but it helps to build rapport to talk with them.  I've never trained at my school, and never bothered to ask, simply because I know how it will go (and the training near my house is much better anyway).  If you train there when the place is empty, when you won't "give any young people bad ideas," you might still have it as a resource, if you make good with those you might see you.  Just my thoughts at the moment. 

Keep it up, it's looking good.

P.S.  Nice shoes.   :P
Train safe, play hard, and dream of flight.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 03:47:00 AM »
Thanks mospunk. I was actually starting to talk to him but he just wanted me gone and just kept yelling so I just left. I have talking with my parents about the incident and I said I would like to go talk to the  superintendent about what happened and tell him of the discipline. I do have a park right behind my house playground and such and the woods I was in, in the video where apart of that park. It was just I just found that spot a few weeks ago and it only takes 5 minutes to run there , and I really enjoyed it.

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
Lol at the worn in shoes. Just what'd i'd expect from cat leaps.
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST