Author Topic: Casual Diet  (Read 1043 times)

Offline fallingwithstyle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Casual Diet
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:22:38 PM »
So... I'm really hoping that I can get into better shape at the start of my Parkour journey primarily by exercising, but also changing my diet to be more regulated.  I really don't want to stop enjoying the types of food that I enjoy.  The list here is a decent change for me, and my intended diet for the next while.  Please let me know whether or not it'll be good enough and if you have any suggestions.  I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle.

Breakfast: Within half an hour of waking up, 1 PBJ sandwich and an apple.  I guess the whole point of this is to get some protein in at the beginning of the day.

Lunch: I'm trying to eat Salad for lunch every weekday (not weekends).  I usually eat as much salad as it takes to fill me up and tide me over til dinner.  I've been buying these premixed bags that have salad, carrots, all that junk.  I put bleu cheese on it, which I know is bad, but it gives me the motivation to actually eat salad and not pizza.

Dinner: Whatever happens to be available.  Usually ends up being meat, grains and at least one vegetable.  (IE, Hamburger w/bun and green beans on the side, or spaghetti with sausage and green peppers, etc...).

Desert: Only on weekends, I use a coffee mug with ice cream or if we're out I get whatever.

If I do snack throughout the day, I'm trying to make it carrots or raisins.  Recommendations for snack foods would be great.

So is this TOO casual, or what?  Do you think I can get results and be healthier in general?  I'm doing about half an hour of exercise every day.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
Re: Casual Diet
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »
Breakfast: Within half an hour of waking up, 1 PBJ sandwich and an apple.  I guess the whole point of this is to get some protein in at the beginning of the day.

No protein here.  PB is not a good source of protein.

Need eggs or meat here.

Lunch: I'm trying to eat Salad for lunch every weekday (not weekends).  I usually eat as much salad as it takes to fill me up and tide me over til dinner.  I've been buying these premixed bags that have salad, carrots, all that junk.  I put bleu cheese on it, which I know is bad, but it gives me the motivation to actually eat salad and not pizza.

Need protein with your salad.  Can even add a small amount of dried fruit here for a bit more carbs that you will likely need.

Dinner: Whatever happens to be available.  Usually ends up being meat, grains and at least one vegetable.  (IE, Hamburger w/bun and green beans on the side, or spaghetti with sausage and green peppers, etc...).

Not bad, but try to cut out the grains if possible....especially things like spaghetti

Desert: Only on weekends, I use a coffee mug with ice cream or if we're out I get whatever.

That should be fine, i guess, due to low frequency.

If I do snack throughout the day, I'm trying to make it carrots or raisins.  Recommendations for snack foods would be great.

Try to eat smaller meals, not snacks.  Protein, fat and carb every time u eat something.

So is this TOO casual, or what?  Do you think I can get results and be healthier in general?  I'm doing about half an hour of exercise every day.

No you are off to a great start, but try reading the "Not Getting My Diet" thread.