Author Topic: Parkour shoe's  (Read 5065 times)

Offline PKintermediate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Parkour shoe's
« on: April 01, 2006, 05:10:56 PM »
So, my mom tells me that see is going to the tallahassee spring time festible and that see is going to get me some shoe's. I asked here to get me some Adidas Novas, but see returns with Adidas Dejada. She said they did not have any Novas. I come later to find out that these Dejada's are for tennis  :'( .
Are they still good for PK, or do I need to return them and make sure I get the right type of adidas (like their running shoe's for instant)? I really hope that these shoes can still be good for PK, because I think my mom might get mad when I say I want to take them back and get the right kind.
Well, I think I can do my landings and rolls right, I just need to combine them.

Do you live in a area close to tallahassee? Then we should run sometime.

Offline Kiba

• Guenons
  • A jack of all trades, a master of none.
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour shoe's
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 05:15:01 PM »
I don't think the style of shoe is really important, just that it fits well and is cushoined so you don't get sore feet. I myself just use my regular shoes, I have some Cheap Shaqs I got at the mall and they work fine  :P
Nyah...

Offline PKintermediate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »
Well, the shoes are comfortable and all, but I also want grip, but I'll see how good of grip it has on monday.
Well, I think I can do my landings and rolls right, I just need to combine them.

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »
you can pk with any type of shoes really. In theory, since you're only suppose to use your own human capabilities, that you don't need shoes...of course that would hurt your feet when doing wall runs and running through a forrest  :P . so really it doesn't really matter... but some good shoes with good grip would definatly be helpful with wall runs and helping you not slip. but remember...its not only shoes but the skill :D

hope it was somewhat helpful...but i don't think i really was  :P
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline PKintermediate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 05:33:15 PM »
Yeah thanks, but I had some problems where my grip will break to early and I haven't put in a good reach while doing wall climbs and such. But yeah, I defenitly have the skill, but the shoes I was using are a piece of crap.

Offline Kiba

• Guenons
  • A jack of all trades, a master of none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 05:52:26 PM »
Sometimes if I know I'm not gonna be doing anything big, I'll take off my shoes just before Parkour. I just need to make sure the area doesn't have any rusty nails, but my feet are fine with glass from all the callouses I've built up from walking in my greenhouse in the summer.  :P
Nyah...

Offline PKintermediate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 05:57:58 PM »
LOL, thats grand. Well, I don't have that one my feet, so I quess your different.

Offline ~Bry~

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 06:13:11 PM »
Dont return them because of a lack of grip too soon, after about a week running and stuff, my Nova Trails got alot better. They're great now. Also, I scored the toe end W/ a sharp knife. Dont know if this helped, but it seemed like a good idea....
“I think about the meaning of pain. Pain is personal. It really belongs to the one feeling it. Probably the only thing that is your own. I like mine.”-Henry Rollins

Offline PKintermediate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »
I really don't know what you meaned by scored, but kool.

Offline ~Bry~

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 07:20:59 PM »
I really don't know what you meaned by scored, but kool.
like cut up...randomly. not very deep, and i used a sharp knife. a razor would work, just enough to break up the rubber a little bit and (possibly) let it grip better. not sure if this is what made them better, or if they just got worn in.
“I think about the meaning of pain. Pain is personal. It really belongs to the one feeling it. Probably the only thing that is your own. I like mine.”-Henry Rollins

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 08:41:15 PM »
Yeah give the shoes a chance.  I started out in a pair of worn out Skate shoes.. by worn out i mean the balls and heals of the shoes BALD.  lol not very good in the rain.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline TJ jay White

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 09:24:35 AM »
ya i just yuse some old nike shocks...they work but i wish i could find something better...there are some new nikes...they are called like nike zoom airs....they are pretty cool because they have like these cushion things on the in side...i guess they are made for skate boarding....but ya i dont care and I think i might get them ...http://shop.ccs.com/browse.do?SBBrandTrack=brands.nike&categoryKey=brands.nike...look and tell me what you think

Offline nymbis

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 03:53:05 PM »
okay so , in reference to the above.. I know its about the movements more than apparel but Id like to have some nicer running shoes for pk than the ones i have now.... no tread at all. Does anyone uses Merrells? I have been looking at them for a hiking shoe and think they might begood for parkour too. Any comments?

Aqui is the shoes Im looking at... That price tag is a killer for hiking shoes though :(
http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=brand&brandid=9&brandcatid=47&gen=m&pcid=23938

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »
asa does wall pops with bare feet, i think you can suffice! haha.

Give them a chance, if they dont work out, then revert back to your old shoes and use the new ones for everyday use. no worries :)

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:28:21 PM »
Eh, I've seen them. They have really nice grip for a flat surface. Trust me, from experience, both the Novas and Super Novas aren't that great at all. All that neoprene stuff makes them put crappy plasticy stuff on the bottom that dosent grip at all and rips off....

Of course, I stick to my good ol pegasus'....

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Steez

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
i run in either nike air pegasus or merrell chameleon slams.

the merrells are heavy business, and running more than a mile is not fun, but the grip is fantastic, and they be rugged.

the nikes are sweet for running (i use these for track), yet i find that they are a little tall on the sole and short on the sides, making ankle twisting more of a possibility.  they have decent grip, can't touch the merrells though. 

you have to put up with alot of tradoffs when it comes to footwear.  so far nobody has been able to come up with a 3 ounce, long-lasting, cushioned, supportive, grippy, running shoe without plastic on the bottom. 

Offline tinnmann

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 03:29:07 PM »
i myself use skate shoes theyre completely flat but i got em pretty rough from skating and they coushin the best but thyre a little lose but i dont care