Author Topic: MI JAM, Big, exciting, one for history? Appreciate NEM!  (Read 15679 times)

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
MI JAM, Big, exciting, one for history? Appreciate NEM!
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:12:39 AM »
From what I see this jam might be the biggest in the US of A since the TO jam. Whats all your ideas about this jam, you think it will be all those things in the subject or will it subject to just a slightly above average jam or be one of the best.

This is now also a NEM appreciation thread yey, thanks Nem for hosting this awesome event. :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 07:44:12 PM by Flippusmn »
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline RyanV

• Patas
  • There are 10 types of people in this world.
    • View Profile
Re: MI JAM, Big, exciting, one for history?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 08:27:07 AM »
At first this Jam started out kinda small, only a few people (mainly from michigan) knew about it. Now it seems like people from many different states are willing to make the journey to Port Huron for the Jam. I think its really cool because it show how willing people are to sacrifice to make it to this Jam. I think its going to be a good one no matter how many come!

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 08:36:13 AM »
Yeah, I heard about this jam a while back and didn't think much of it but now it seems to be the jam you know. All though it may be great with a little amount of people still the more the merrier. right :D
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Gearsighted

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »
This is the year of the big jam. Michigan is going to be bigger than expected, while NY and DC are going to be as big as hoped..which is HUGE. If you can make it to ANY of these jams, make a point to do it, as you'll get to meet a whole bunch of the peeps from the forum :D

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:59:59 AM »
From what I see this jam might be the biggest in the US of A since the TO jam

I'm sorry, but that is SUCH a DAN QUAYLE quote!!!

the TO Jam was not in the US of A :P

But yeah, this jam is going ot ROCK!!!

The DC boyz are having a mahusive road trip to get there just in time for Sunrise Saturday morning :)
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »
LOL...  Toejam...

Anywhere, there was a huge jam in Toronto?  Too bad I wasn't into PK until a few weeks ago.  I alternate between Toronto and washington, D.C. biannually.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »
im really happy that i can be take part in this jam cause itll be like the only one i can go to till my brother gets back from iraq (levi or Sarge if you know him) and this jam is taking place in the town i have grown up it it sorta makes a tear come to my eye to know that port huron does something else besides being boring lol But me and my freinds have been counting down till the jam ever sence there was an offical date i just cant wait to meet people and have a huge blast (and hopefully not get hurt the way i did last time i was out practicing) but i just cant wait ;D
Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Kipup

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 12:46:48 PM »
From what I see this jam might be the biggest in the US of A since the TO jam

I'm sorry, but that is SUCH a DAN QUAYLE quote!!!

the TO Jam was not in the US of A :P

But yeah, this jam is going ot ROCK!!!

The DC boyz are having a mahusive road trip to get there just in time for Sunrise Saturday morning :)

- If only the jam was a month later :(

I'll be at all the other summer jams though!

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 02:16:43 PM »

the TO Jam was not in the US of A

Good point M2, LOL. well I should have said the biggest jam in North America for the most part since the TO jam.  ;)

Can't wait to see you all there, hope it's everything we hope it will be lol. All I have left to say is make shure not to forget the camera and some energy. Maybe a few cool sodasand a extra pair of pants just incase. ;)

Offline Ando

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • CHICAGO PARKOUR AERO
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 04:19:44 PM »
Michigan jams are the best in my opinion, because Nem hosts them.  The spots in port huron are awesome and the vibe the guys put out is even better.  Chicago will be bringing a bunch of guys cause the bond is strong between us and MI.

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 05:05:20 PM »
Ya, it's going to be pretty incredible. We never planned on this many people so hopefully there will be enough room for tents/sleeping. Also, PH isnt exactly a big city, and although it has a lot of great spots, I dont know how well they'll work with 50 people so please be patient if we have to work out some logistics on the spot.
But Nem is doing an amazing job hosting this and pulling it all together, not to mention the food his parents are making. He really deserves a big pat on the back. And if not that, then at least some karma.  ;)

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 07:42:37 PM »
And if not that, then at least some karma. 
agreed, how did you get your parents or whomever it is to agree to make all this food? Just in case, are there many resturaunts close by, Arby's has a 5 for $5.95 deal  ;). Glad we have someone like you to host something like this, you should promote a co host and a special guest of honor like M2 or something lol :D.

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
Re: MI JAM, Big, exciting, one for history? Appreciate NEM!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »
Come on guys.  Its nothing any of you guys wouldn't do.  I actually owe M2 for PKUSA last april.  I was really shocked about the food, my parents OFFERED to cook for everybody.  If it anybody that deserves credit and apreciation, its them.

I'm currently working out several options for the jam and spots.  Its kinda light during the day, but there are so many places to jam at evening/night.  Xero is missing Paulie Shore and Dave Atell (sp?, the guy from Insominiac) to come home this weekend and help me put together a spoiler/hotspots video.  Everybody should looking forward to that, don't drool too hard.

PK4LIFE!  See you guys in 9 days![/glow]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 08:07:24 PM by SkyNative »
Rusty, but still solid.

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »
GIGGLES!

Oh man i cant wait!!!!

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 04:01:14 AM »
No ride... please take all sharp objects and shoelaces away from me quickly....

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 05:26:40 AM »
Asa, Fung Wah bus it to DC at 5:00 Friday morning ... and pile in the M2LM once again!!!

Yes, HUGE ups to Nem for hosting, and his parents for being so gracious, it is people like Nem who make the Parkour scene what it is. Truly a quiet hero.

As for me being a guest of honor, I'm honored just to be a guest.

As for everyone bringing their own drinks, at least for Saturday I'll be on drink duty, I'll bring enough gatorade, tea and (eek) soda for maybe 20-30 people.

Nem PLEASE let us know if anything else is needed.

I'll also have some T-shirts and hoodies, at a slight discount, $5 off which is basically minus the shipping. Qty's limited, first come first server yadda yadda. If you want to make sure I have something in your size / color email me but please don't make me drag a shirt from NJ to DC to MI unless you actually want it :)

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 05:49:31 AM »
It's just not going to happen, all the odds are against me right now.

Less than a 5% chance at this point. I'll be there in spirit, though.

Have fun guys!

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 09:01:12 AM »
I would buy a t shirt M2 but... I already got my T's for 10 bucks :D. I will be wearing them, there still in good condition, great color and everything (good shirts, way better quality than a t-shirt is expected to be).

BTW: thats really too bad pistol. Don't give up just yet though, "good things happen over time, great things happen all at once".

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »
Flippus, that was the perfect prediction. It seems that "all of a sudden" the situation is turning around for me. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Unless you really don't want me to go, in which case, sabotage me by spinning an ingenious web of guile and fabrication. :)

Offline ValkyrieRising

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 03:16:07 AM »
Anyone whos going thats staying at a hotel if you have a open spot shoot me off a pm. I'm still seeing what type of setup im going to need in terms of sleeping arrangements.

Btw T-Shirts?
Mors ultima linea rerum est