Author Topic: We should ALL wear helmets the look cool!  (Read 5895 times)

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
Re: We should ALL wear helmets the look cool!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »
Looking cool should be the last thing on a traceur's mind. We climb trees, do qm, move over and through things in public. Obviously, being stylish isn't really our main goal. =P

Offline Sandstormleader

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
Looking cool should be the last thing on a traceur's mind. We climb trees, do qm, move over and through things in public. Obviously, being stylish isn't really our main goal. =P

yes true, but for video purposes it kinda adds to it. i'm not saying you should always where a helmet. It is awesome tho just to get a few action shots in.

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 11:04:42 PM »
Parkour should not be about making movies. It should be about. . .doing parkour.

Well put.

I'm pretty sure when I randomly balance on rails along my walk to the store, people think strange things about me, the very last thing on their mind being "Oh, that kid looks cool".

Offline Sandstormleader

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 11:10:24 PM »
everyone is soooooooooo taking this the wrong way lolz. Did i say that it was about looking stylish or about making movies? all im saying is it looks cool. As in the same way people where santa hats and such while doing parkour as a group. It just makes it slightly more entertaining/and or funny. It kinda sets a mood for if you do decide to create a video. I mean im sure if did backflips in a clown suit people would laugh and give them more than one reason to watch the video. so that way those who are not interested in parkour or have no idea what it is still have a reason to enjoy it. Perhaps somebody has never heard of pk but they play paint ball, the might see the video and be like "thats cool, now if i could do that while playing paintball that would be awesome". Of course it would be stupid if i just sat in my apartment practicing hand stands or something while wearing a helmet, but there is nothing wrong with having fun with it!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Patrick Holten (Denver Family) Flux Freerunning

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Life on the run.
    • View Profile
    • Ya!!! Youtube!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 01:07:28 AM »
Naw man, just grow some hair like bioobird! It looks way more cool actually! Shed the helmet man ;D
"Live what you love."- Me, Patrick Holten
WHAT I LOVE...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiviEs4zmNo
DENVER FAMILY PRESENTS: FLUX FREE RUNNING

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »
yes please ditch the helmet, no offense of course

oh come on you can't say it doesnt look cool~!

yes true, but for video purposes it kinda adds to it. i'm not saying you should always where a helmet. It is awesome tho just to get a few action shots in.
everyone is soooooooooo taking this the wrong way lolz. Did i say that it was about looking stylish or about making movies? all im saying is it looks cool. As in the same way people where santa hats and such while doing parkour as a group. It just makes it slightly more entertaining/and or funny. It kinda sets a mood for if you do decide to create a video. I mean im sure if did backflips in a clown suit people would laugh and give them more than one reason to watch the video. so that way those who are not interested in parkour or have no idea what it is still have a reason to enjoy it. Perhaps somebody has never heard of pk but they play paint ball, the might see the video and be like "thats cool, now if i could do that while playing paintball that would be awesome". Of course it would be stupid if i just sat in my apartment practicing hand stands or something while wearing a helmet, but there is nothing wrong with having fun with it!!!!!!!!!!
"Looking cool" and "being stylish" are the same thing. The only reasons you said to wear it were:
-Look cool
-Get some action shots.

So I don't know where you're going with the whole
Did i say that it was about looking stylish or about making movies? all im saying is it looks cool.

Why would it matter if a paintball player saw it and said, "Oh, that looks awesome. I wish I could be as leethax as that super special awesome super man doing all those sweet moves."?
Why would you have to wear a clown suit to give people "more reasons" to watch the video? What's wrong with the movement in itself? Why does it matter if you're making a video at all?

Offline Sandstormleader

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »
because its fun....................... ok how many people have you seen do wallflips..... ENOUGH.... how many have you seen do it in a clown suit?   NOT NEARLY ENOUGH . :)

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
/palmface

Offline Sandstormleader

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 08:52:37 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 04:20:18 AM »
As much as I hate to promote stupidity storm has a slight point.
Storm... your major flaw is YOU WEREN'T IN A CLOWN SUIT.
Solution GET ONE!!
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Sandstormleader

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »
Solution GET ONE!!

Now here somebody that knows what they are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i just need to decide whether to rent or buy one lolZZZz

I was thinking about doing weekly vids showing my progress in training, (for my own use), but i was planning on posting all of them on line, so that if people wanted to they could, kinda like a video blog. Soooooo..... to make it more fun to watch, i figure i will wear something fun, as long as what im wearing doesn't limit me from pushing my self to do more difficult things.

:-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »
Solution GET ONE!!

Now here somebody that knows what they are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i just need to decide whether to rent or buy one lolZZZz

I was thinking about doing weekly vids showing my progress in training, (for my own use), but i was planning on posting all of them on line, so that if people wanted to they could, kinda like a video blog. Soooooo..... to make it more fun to watch, i figure i will wear something fun, as long as what im wearing doesn't limit me from pushing my self to do more difficult things.

:-* :-* :-* :-*
I'm not tryin to be a cockblockin' buzzkill, but I just want you to know it's not always about trying newer, bigger, more difficult things. You need to train and drill the things you've already learned wayyyy more before you just start moving on up.

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 10:51:31 AM »
yeah man I agree with him totaly
you don't need something like that to get people here to watch your weekly videos you just need to be you and to train hard and safe
people will watch and people will help all with out you wearing a helmet now if you wear one for like holladays or costumes then that will just lighten the mood but every week people *including me* will call you a bloody idiot lol
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 01:11:55 PM »
Now, of course, if you could get your hands on some angel or demon wings, and train in those. That'd just be  sweet. (I may even do that myself.)

Offline dsingle

• Patas
  • any obstacle conqured
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 03:49:46 PM »
It could just be that I'm missing tons of sarcasm here, but...

The reason why, as a traceur, you shouldn't use helmets, gloves, pads, crash mats is because you should be training yourself to be self reliant. If you are doing something that is dangerous enough to merit a helmet (crash mat, pads, yada yada) you shouldn't do the movement.

not trying to start an arguement because what you say is true but if we go by that logic then alot of movements shouldnt be done like flips kongs and much more cuz im sure weve all practiced these on grass or at a gym at some point
AMARILLO PARKOUR {(AMAPK)}

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »
It could just be that I'm missing tons of sarcasm here, but...

The reason why, as a traceur, you shouldn't use helmets, gloves, pads, crash mats is because you should be training yourself to be self reliant. If you are doing something that is dangerous enough to merit a helmet (crash mat, pads, yada yada) you shouldn't do the movement.

not trying to start an arguement because what you say is true but if we go by that logic then alot of movements shouldnt be done like flips kongs and much more cuz im sure weve all practiced these on grass or at a gym at some point

Yeah, they aren't really useful moves, and that's what he's saying.

Offline dsingle

• Patas
  • any obstacle conqured
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »
true you got me there
AMARILLO PARKOUR {(AMAPK)}

Offline Mr. H

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »

At the rate your going, you could be an EXTREME free style walker.

Offline Sandstormleader

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 10:31:34 PM »

LOL so i should take up mall walking?

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:03 AM »

lmfao, he speaks the truth.