Author Topic: Wisconsin Statewide Training Tour: July 2009!  (Read 18424 times)

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
Re: Wisconsin Statewide Training Tour: July 2009!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 05:42:28 AM »
James that is a very good point about Manitowoc; something to consider for the other cities as well! I'm glad we'll have some people at Manitowoc though. Looking forward to training there!

Thanks also for the spots, those of you who have provided them.

Let's do the Glen in GB. I personally haven't had enough opportunities to try nature parkour. Plus it would cut down a tad on our driving which means more time to train!

We haven't heard back from Mayville yet... I know those guys are pretty experienced and they have always been eager to train with us on their home turf, but if we don't hear back, we may be able to flex our itinerary a bit.

Finalized details will be posted Saturday afternoon.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 05:55:17 AM »
PS: Madpk, remember to bring snacks/food for in the car. We will save time and $$ by eating on the road. Bring your own sack lunch and/or snacks to share. Up to you. Alan, you are bringing the cooler, right?

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 04:41:53 PM »
Awesome to see some faces popping up in time for this :) Gas money is welcomed for carpooling Josh, I'll be in GB wither tomorrow or Saturday staying with friends so hit my cell if you wanna get together before Sunday. We'll see everyone soon I suppose!
Training is the facilitation of your belief in it.

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 09:14:08 AM »
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pennoyer+park&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=30.957823,56.337891&ie=UTF8&ll=42.61318,-87.819901&spn=0.028046,0.055017&z=14&iwloc=B

KENOSHA LOCATION^^^^^
it is location B! i have no clue why there are 2.. but it is location B , im thinking we meet up at the band shell, and start the session from there
see you sunday!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:28:59 AM by Jeremy Osborn »
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline KillerPanda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 01:29:50 AM »
yeah alissa i'll bring the cooler no problem.. i just need to know where i can meet you or james in madison in the morning on sunday for the trip. other than that everything sounds cool.
"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains"
- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Offline KillerPanda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 02:18:48 AM »
oh p.s. i'll bring a video camera and a tripod for this fun little event...put a video together and maybe you can put it up on the MadPk site somewhere.
"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains"
- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:01 AM »
oh man i wish i was in madtown to start this off...I'll be heading to GB in a few hours staying in de pere. We'll see everyone bright and early in the middle of no where!
Training is the facilitation of your belief in it.

Offline Axiom Parkour

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Axiom Parkour
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
oh p.s. i'll bring a video camera and a tripod for this fun little event...put a video together and maybe you can put it up on the MadPk site somewhere.

I am planning on bringing my camcorder to document everything.  Feel free to bring yours too though, so one of us doesn't have to be filming the entire time.
Greater together than we can ever be apart.

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »
Sweet.

ALAN call me (check your Facebook PM's for my phone # if you don't already have it--or ask Shane) ASAP to make transportation plans. I am leaving Madison at 6:15. It doesn't matter what time you call, I will be up (and if I'm not I still need to talk to you to make sure we can coordinate).

See you all tomorrow!

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »
WAHOO! Leg #1 was awesome! :D

We met up first with Blair in Manitowoc. Joey, Travis, Blair & I trained at a great spot. It was a fantastic, collaborative training session and so lovely right next to the lake. We worked on kongs (progressions for me; these are getting smoother!), tic-tacs/precisions, wallruns, cats, balance. Joey and Travis are such good, patient teachers/coaches; it seemed like a really fruitful session. I know I had a blast! We hope to get up to Manitowoc to train again! What a great city with really nice spots!

The next segment was Green Bay. No one was there to meet us, aside from James and Luke who we train with regularly. It was a bummer we didn't get a chance to meet up with any new locals, but we did get to see some really cool new spots. First was some nature parkour in a conservancy/quarry called Fonfarek's Park. LOTS of ankle conditioning and balance work on the scree. Plus with on and off rain, stuff got slippery quickly. But it was a great challenge and we don't get a lot of opportunities to do much nature parkour, so that was good.

After the nature parkour James took us to a park in the city of Green Bay called Pamperin Park. This place was awesome. It reminded us a lot of Oz park in Chicago. There were a lot of kids there with their families, playing on the equipment. The parents and families overall seemed pretty cool about us training there. It was nice; we were worried they would be concerned about their kids' safety (even though we always train safely), with all these "big kids" (us) running around, but we got a lot of curious spectators and cool parents watching. And some of the older kids were pretty intrigued. :) A few even asked us if we were Spiderman/Spiderwoman; that was awesome. :D The park is in a huge space; in addition to really cool playground equipment, it has a lot of grassy space with picnic tables, grills, and full bathroom facilities. It is also next to a creek which we didn't get a chance to explore but seems promising. This place seems ideal for an all-day jam. We're thinking next summer would be a good time to do a full-on statewide jam.

From Green Bay we proceeded to Appleton and jammed out at the Lawrence University campus. By now the rain was coming more and more frequently, so we had to curtail some things due to slippery surfaces. Campus security came by and didn't hassle us; they seemed pretty cool with us training, but they did ask us not to go on any rooftops (no problem, guys). :) There are lots of cool spots on campus; once the rain let up we explored the campus more and then went down to the river for some "leapfrogging" on the river rocks. Joey and Travis made a valiant attempt and crossed the whole river. It was a great opportunity to work on "touch" as Stephane Vigroux calls it. By this point I was too tired to go on (4 hours of sleep, and I'm almost twice their age), so I took the bridge across and rested on a park bench while they navigated the rocks. James was kind enough to accompany me. :) Appleton definitely merits another look. I'd like to visit it again when I'm not so tired and the weather is cooperating.

All in all, it was a great day. Travis took a ton of footage and we hope to have a video out after next week (once we finish Leg #2 of the tour). It's a shame we didn't hear back from Mayville, and we didn't get a chance to meet the Green Bay folks, but maybe next time.

Next week we head South! Muskego, Racine, etc. Thanks to all the locals along our tour route for providing us with information on your favorite spots. We look forward to meeting you, and hope this tour is something that continues in future summers! :D

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Joshua Winzer-Irwin

• Patas
  • you say no to drugs? i say no to gravity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 02:55:34 AM »
I AM THE WORST MAN ALIIIIIIIVE!!!! i over slept! and inconviniently woke up exactly when you guys got to the glen.

so

i knew i shouldve done this earlier

920-634-9754 for anyone that wants to get ahold of me because im NOT missing another thing that i can make it to!!!

i will also post my number in that thread where, well, we are sposed to put all of our numbers

sheesh im an idiot
my deepest, DEEPEST, apologies

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2009, 06:10:48 AM »
No worries, Josh. C'est la vie. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up with you some other time for training! :D

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Axiom Parkour

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Axiom Parkour
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »

Are you coming this Sunday?  I will be in Vegas, which means I will have my camera.  I would like this coming Sunday video taped.  I have a camera for Joe to use, but it is no where near the quality of yours.  I would appreciate it that if you are coming if you could film the whole event.  Please let me know so I can get it coordinated.
Greater together than we can ever be apart.

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:05 AM »
Just a reminder...

We need spots for these locations:

Sunday, August 2

9:00 to 10:30am - Twin Lakes, WI

11:30 to 1:00 - Kenosha, WI At point B of this location

2:00 to 3:30 - Muskego, WI At this location

If you live in one of the communities listed...

Please provide the following:

1. A spot where we can all meet up. Please post locations to this thread so others can join us. A Google Maps link to the spot would be awesome. We only need one spot per city.

2. Spread the word among friends and interested parties in your community. Bring as many people as you like!

3. Be at the appointed place at the appointed time.

4. If you feel comfortable doing so, send me your cell phone # in a PM, so we have a contact in case we get lost or are delayed. Please provide your name, your city, and your phone #.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:55:59 PM by Muse_of_Fire »

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »
Unless you provide spots for us to meet, we will NOT be at your location. So far we only have a location for Kenosha, so it's looking at this point like Kenosha is the only stop on our tour this weekend unless people provide map links for us before Sunday.

ALAN: are you coming with us for this leg of the tour? Call me and let me know so we can arrange transportation.

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2009, 10:19:06 AM »
so does that mean there will be more jamming time for K-Town? :D
Wisconsin Parkour

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline Trevor Petzold

• Patas
  • Pic= my new precision area- how do you like it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16:41 AM »
I guess we will settle for here. there is a small playground, benches, and plenty of tables.  along with places to vault at the ends of the nature walk.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=8228+pioneer+dr+muskego+wisconsin&vps=1&jsv=169c&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.764224,79.013672&num=10&iwloc=A&iwstate1=saveplace
╔╗╔╗╔╗║╔╔╗╖╓╔╗
╠╝╠╣║╙╠╣║║║║║╙
║═║║║═║╚╚╝╚╝║═
ⱣⱥⱤⱩⱷשּׂⱤ

^^^I got bored....^^^

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2009, 04:07:58 PM »
Okay sweet; here is the deal:

1. We are not visiting the Twin Lakes location. I think the person who originally suggested it no longer lives there and we did not get a location. So...

2. We are starting in Kenosha at 11:30; location is linked a few posts up. Jeremy, we will keep to the original time, but you are more than welcome to come along with us to jam in Muskego later on in the afternoon, if you like and if you're able to.

3. Alan, meet me at the MBG parking lot at 8:45. We'll head to Joey's house and then carpool with the Squirrels from there. :) Call me if you have questions; you should have my cell in your FB messages.

See you all tomorrow!

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Trevor Petzold

• Patas
  • Pic= my new precision area- how do you like it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »
Here's another thought... since i cant really decide between places, could we possibly go to multiple locations? depending on what is going on afterward.. as in after Muskego, or switch places during the Muskego time even.

Another thought. Since Muskego is the last stop, and i know its kinda late to say this, but depending on what everyone is doing afterward, I HAVE A POOL. lol

just a few thoughts for the time... feel free to talk about it.
╔╗╔╗╔╗║╔╔╗╖╓╔╗
╠╝╠╣║╙╠╣║║║║║╙
║═║║║═║╚╚╝╚╝║═
ⱣⱥⱤⱩⱷשּׂⱤ

^^^I got bored....^^^

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »
cant wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!
Wisconsin Parkour