Author Topic: Wisconsin Statewide Training Tour: July 2009!  (Read 18231 times)

Offline Nicholas Taft

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Wisconsin Statewide Training Tour: July 2009!
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 06:10:36 AM »
Come to Cameron!

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
just a reminder of my suggestion to come to kenosha :D
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 07:23:42 PM »
End of May, any closer to some solid plans? I'd love to get back together with you all as you make the rounds...
Tentatively I have access to an apartment in Green Bay with plenty of sleeping possibilities but it may disappear by July. Hoping not and also hoping to be back there and semi ready to train a bit. Still reeling from the illness and weight loss. I can hold a camera though!! Its all good. Can't wait for the ruckus!
Training is the facilitation of your belief in it.

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 10:34:36 AM »
TENTATIVELY:

July 24/25 and/or August 1/2.

Communities:

Green Bay
Mayville
Twin Lakes
Appleton
Kenosha
Manitowoc
Muskego

Cameron, WI; at this point is too far north to be feasible this summer. It's a shame; but the good news is we're hoping to make this an annual thing, so maybe next year we'll head northwest!

More details to come soon. What we will need from the members of the above communities is the following:

1. Please choose a spot for us to meet. It can be anywhere: park, playground, wooded area, urban space.
2. Please spread the word among interested parties in your area.
3. A small donation, of whatever you feel is appropriate, to help us cover food, lodging, and gas costs, would be appreciated (but it is not required)

Be thinking about these things so you can have some ideas ready to share once we officially announce places/dates/times.

Thanks for your patience as we plan this! Having our site go down in flames really mucked up our summer planning.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:33:55 PM by Muse_of_Fire »
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Trevor Petzold

• Patas
  • Pic= my new precision area- how do you like it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 10:53:29 AM »
aww no muskego =/   lol  even waukesha would be nice.  i dont know any of these places XD well, except for obviously GB, appleton, and kenosha
╔╗╔╗╔╗║╔╔╗╖╓╔╗
╠╝╠╣║╙╠╣║║║║║╙
║═║║║═║╚╚╝╚╝║═
ⱣⱥⱤⱩⱷשּׂⱤ

^^^I got bored....^^^

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
We can do Muskego also. I don't know why I left it off the list! Having said that, Muskego is 30 minutes from Waukesha, so you should be able to meet up with the Waukesha guys from time to time. TBH I thought you already jammed with them on a regular basis, but maybe that was a false conclusion on my part. :)

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Trevor Petzold

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »
well, with Travis once in Waukesha, and once at the Y in the winter, but other than that, i just go with some of the guys i trained with there. but idk.   Muskego doesnt have much, but Waukesha wasn't on the list..and its better than here in my opinion. lol
╔╗╔╗╔╗║╔╔╗╖╓╔╗
╠╝╠╣║╙╠╣║║║║║╙
║═║║║═║╚╚╝╚╝║═
ⱣⱥⱤⱩⱷשּׂⱤ

^^^I got bored....^^^

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »
Telulah Park in Appleton along with Lawrence University as well. Complete downtown walk is nice too. cook out at the Park if possible along with frisbee golf!!

Green Bay has Pamperin Park which I like, some of downtown is decent but sketchy as they are banks and such. UWGB and ST. Norberts in Depere both fun, Depere is my favorite to be honest.

Anything else???

PS.
I have a Family Reunion AND a wedding to Officiate on the 1st of August. Both near Manitowoc / Two Rivers
which i guess could be added to the list of places to stop on the way to GB / Appleton but we'll see I guess :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:16:43 PM by James_Rivard »

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 07:02:36 AM »
hey, im glad you can come make it to kenosha! thats awesome! im thinking of making posters for the event(parkour isnt really exclusive yet in Kenosha) so the sooner you can get the day out there, the better. so yeah im think more by the lakefront is the better part of the city for parkour, other than that its pretty rural, ill be checking out down there more for better spots and more info will come out to you soon  ;D
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline mista mista

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
I dont know if you already planned it but Port Washington could use this and we have good places to train

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 07:23:43 AM »
Mista, sadly we have our itinerary set. :( Maybe next year? Or perhaps you could make it down to one of the cities on our itinerary that's near you? We'd love to train with you!

Training Tour Final Itinerary

Sunday, July 26

9:00 to 10:30am - Manitowoc, WI At this location

11:30 to 1:00 - Green Bay, WI At this location

2:00 to 3:30 - Appleton, WI At this location

5:00-6:30 - Mayville, WI Location TBD

Sunday, August 2

9:00 to 10:30am - Twin Lakes, WI

11:30 to 1:00 - Kenosha, WI

2:00 to 3:30 - Muskego, WI

If you live in one of the communities listed...

Please provide the following:

1. A spot where we can all meet up. Please post locations to this thread so others can join us. A Google Maps link to the spot would be awesome. We only need one spot per city.

2. Spread the word among friends and interested parties in your community. Bring as many people as you like!

3. Be at the appointed place at the appointed time.

4. If you feel comfortable doing so, send me your cell phone # in a PM, so we have a contact in case we get lost or are delayed. Please provide your name, your city, and your phone #.

This is going to be fun! :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:54:01 AM by Muse_of_Fire »

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Trevor Petzold

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 07:32:38 AM »
hmmm
Muskego here.  its tough deciding where to actually go... there are a few spots around the area, but none can cover all aspects. lol   and places with tables are sometimes messy, while the other spots have daycare things going on by them.. =/
╔╗╔╗╔╗║╔╔╗╖╓╔╗
╠╝╠╣║╙╠╣║║║║║╙
║═║║║═║╚╚╝╚╝║═
ⱣⱥⱤⱩⱷשּׂⱤ

^^^I got bored....^^^

Offline Zoolu

• Guenons
  • He who hesitates is lost....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
Looking good :D My only thoughts are how we're going to get from here to Manitowoc by 9 in the morning lol. The thought of getting up that early on a Sunday is appalling...oh well 8) I can think of many worse ways to spend the day.

As far as training spots in Muskego, you'll hear us PK Squirrel guys say that there is no limit to the amount of stuff you can do on a picnic bench - and whether you believe it or not, it's true. (And just between you, me, and everyone else here on the forums, they're some of my favorite training obstacles - especially because of all the good times I've had with them [MATC anyone?] :D)
With great power, comes great responsibility.

Watch out for pterodactyls!

Flow like water - break the law of gravity.

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »
Alright then!

Green Bay = Pamperin Park off of Packerland Ave. and 41.  West Side.  I'll be there so give me a call if there are any problems.

Lunch at Chipotle's in Appleton anyone??

Appleton = Lawrence University and Downtown which is all on College Ave. I'll drive with you guys from GB after we wrap up there.

Not to call anyone out at all but Green_Ghost who suggested my hometown of Manitowoc hasn't been active since the day he registered in February so if Manitowoc @ 9am is early it may be that Manitowoc isn't even gonna show up. Just a thought on my part but feel free to explore. I can always give you directions over the phone since I won't be there :)

Any questions I'm available all week!

Can't wait its been so long since we've seen each other :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:44:58 PM by James_Rivard »

Offline Trevor Petzold

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 10:19:26 PM »

As far as training spots in Muskego, you'll hear us PK Squirrel guys say that there is no limit to the amount of stuff you can do on a picnic bench - and whether you believe it or not, it's true.

its not that i think they are boring. because i know exactly what you say.  its the condition of the tables.. it is in a park w/ day care as well, so theres stuff on them sometimes lol like food and other nasty things.
╔╗╔╗╔╗║╔╔╗╖╓╔╗
╠╝╠╣║╙╠╣║║║║║╙
║═║║║═║╚╚╝╚╝║═
ⱣⱥⱤⱩⱷשּׂⱤ

^^^I got bored....^^^

Offline Joshua Winzer-Irwin

• Patas
  • you say no to drugs? i say no to gravity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 12:25:11 AM »
i was thinking Fonferek's Glen for Green bay! that place is MUCH more amazing than pamperin park

it doesnt have anything in the ways of benches, playgrounds or rails, but its wilderness with lots and lots of rocks lmao.

climbable, jumpable, runnable. i think it would be worth it, its in bellevue, so not far out at all.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=green+bay&daddr=fonferek%27s+glen&hl=en&geocode=%3BFbPwpQId2iHC-iFXXpCHBuSPKw&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.058077,56.513672&ie=UTF8&ll=44.0718,-90.12085&spn=3.173094,7.064209&z=7

Offline Axiom Parkour

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Axiom Parkour
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 01:50:27 PM »
i was thinking Fonferek's Glen for Green bay! that place is MUCH more amazing than pamperin park

it doesnt have anything in the ways of benches, playgrounds or rails, but its wilderness with lots and lots of rocks lmao.

climbable, jumpable, runnable. i think it would be worth it, its in bellevue, so not far out at all.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=green+bay&daddr=fonferek%27s+glen&hl=en&geocode=%3BFbPwpQId2iHC-iFXXpCHBuSPKw&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.058077,56.513672&ie=UTF8&ll=44.0718,-90.12085&spn=3.173094,7.064209&z=7

Alissa-

I would much rather do this.  Although, that map is of a residential area.  I don't think that is the park...
Greater together than we can ever be apart.

Offline Blair Fogeltanz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Not to call anyone out at all but Green_Ghost who suggested my hometown of Manitowoc hasn't been active since the day he registered in February so if Manitowoc @ 9am is early it may be that Manitowoc isn't even gonna show up. Just a thought on my part but feel free to explore. I can always give you directions over the phone since I won't be there :)

I'm from Manitowoc and have been watching the thread for months I'm putting out the word as much as I can and will be posting again soon with info for the Manitowoc stop
Running is the only transportation that gives you complete freedom and parkour allows the freedom to continue through our urbanized world.

Offline Blair Fogeltanz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »
Hey I'm glad you guys are coming to Manitowoc. The best place that I have scooped out is the high school here Lincoln High near downtown and a block away from a park (benchs, playground the traceurs standerd). The school its self has rails, walls, stairs, and a sweet shed that I love to see what experienced traceurs can do with it. Heres the link for how to get here and thanks for coming.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Madison+Wisconsin&daddr=US-151+to:US-151%2FWashington+St+to:S+10th+St%2FUS-10+to:44.082036,-87.660341+to:S+8th+St&geocode=%3BFUTWlwIdium0-g%3BFRy-oAId8GfG-g%3BFRKqoAId0mfG-g%3B%3BFRWgoAIdhHLG-g&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=4&sz=14&via=1,2,3,4&sll=44.085674,-87.652359&sspn=0.017509,0.03562&ie=UTF8&ll=43.636075,-88.4729&spn=2.258133,4.559326&z=7
Running is the only transportation that gives you complete freedom and parkour allows the freedom to continue through our urbanized world.

Offline Joshua Winzer-Irwin

• Patas
  • you say no to drugs? i say no to gravity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »
Alissa-

I would much rather do this.  Although, that map is of a residential area.  I don't think that is the park...

its not actually a park, its called fonferek's glen, and it is a residential area. its located on this person's property, but they allow people there. its pretty much overgrown farm land

and James Rivard!! are you willing to carpool me and my friend to appleton and mayville if you are going on sunday???
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:08:32 AM by Joshua Irwin »