Author Topic: Three Men and a Car  (Read 3156 times)

Offline .Nico

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Three Men and a Car
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »
This is Nico from atlanta, just got referred to AmericanParkour by a friend in new york. Great site (joomla?). Anyway, i thought i would post a video that i made recently. It is directed to a non-parkour audience, so you wont find anyone showing off or doing huge kongs or precisions (actually no, there is a pretty sweet precision in there). The goal was to make a movie with a plot, and to experiment with different music. It is filmed in black and white, and (surprise) took about a day to create. I would appreciate your criticisms. Thats how we learn anyway, isnt it?

By the way, I am the guy on the bike

streaming:
http://www.stratoscrew.com/threemen.htm

and because i am feeling nice, here is the direct link so you dont have to view the source:
http://www.stratoscrew.com/dfg_0001.wmv

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
Re: Three Men and a Car
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »
Welcome to APK and glad to have you!
Downloading your video now [and on my horrible college connection it might take a while] and will comment whence I watch it!

EDIT : Watched it! That was a fun video, I'm big proponent of "out of the norm" parkour videos with some kind of story / humor. Well done!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:13:44 AM by akh horus »

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 10:06:18 AM »
Good stuff .Nico!! the first 40 seconds weren't necessary but once it "really started" I was hooked. I liked the music selections too. I loved it when the table turned and the chaser became the chased. I look forward to the next episode in the saga!!

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »
decent story...there was a lot of pointless stuff that just slowed you down though. in a real escape situation there wouldnt be that much wasted movement.

Offline .Nico

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 11:08:45 AM »
i see what you mean demon. i have been doing parkour seriously since october, and right now i am not at the level where everything i do is necessary and efficient. On the other hand, i am aware of this and am constantly trying to improve. I see the movie as more of a comedy than a serious parkour film. If you look at it that way, it is mocking a lot of the gong fu movies which are just as inneficient. but all in all, i am proud of that movie as a 5-month milestone. i wonder where i will be after 5 years?

By the way demon, i love your tutorials. absolutely brilliant.

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 02:19:35 PM »
I like the Mr. Rogers music in the beginning. (cause he won the ultimat showdown of ultimate destiny you know.) some good pk, just keep at it and you will get those moves much more effecient. :)

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »
Hey nico, Its me Pk gorilla From Nypk, first and formost, Glad you could make it to APK, and i hope you enjoyed the jam (other then the Police dynamic to it, but what can i say we look like pot heads ;))

Overall good vid, I too likd the Mr. Rogers opening, But im a Ultmate destiny junkie too!

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 04:25:53 PM »
work on the stuff being more efficient. that being said.
that was an awesome video, i really like vids that have a plot and that was a good one
keep up the great work ;)
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline Cloud

• Ryan Cousins
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Alliance - TEAM N00B YEAH!
    • View Profile
    • Aero
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 11:25:09 PM »
Pretty nice video you definitely kept me interested!  Great job on keeping the audiences attention.  Many videos will lose interest in a short while,  great story line!

Get with the flow...

psycosis12

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 03:59:05 AM »
Wow, that was WOW, it was great i loved it, the part the really made me laugh was at the end....haha he took the guy car.......lol i gave you a kudos point for that video

Offline .Nico

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 08:39:22 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, hombres. I think i will wait for some major improvements before i make another parkour movie. But you may see another non-parkour movie from me. Great community here. Thanks for the kudos point

Offline daminmancejin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 05:40:30 PM »
why didn't you find somebody that doesn't know parkour if you would have did that the video would be great its very boring if the other person knows it already