Author Topic: My first vid  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
My first vid
« on: March 26, 2006, 04:04:06 AM »
Hi! I'm new here and I have this short video of me doing something. It's not that great but oh well like I said I'm new and the camera person didn't know where I went. Well here it is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hr5AKbt7X0M&search=climbing%20is%20fun It's not a run really because I can't really find a place around me till I joined these forums.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Kipup

Re: My first vid
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 09:15:46 AM »
Nice land-roll!

Because you're new here, I'm going to recomend that you check out a few of the links on the APK home page.
Specificly:
"What Parkour is" http://americanparkour.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=221&Itemid=237
"And What Parkour is not" http://americanparkour.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=223&Itemid=237

Also, because I have no idea of your experience level, I'd also recomend checking out the "Basics" link to read up on some of the more commonly used techniques in Parkour.

Happy PK,
 - Kipup

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 10:06:08 AM »
I've read almost everything there is to know I've been trying to find a place to practice but now I'm trying to practice my vaults and palm spins.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 10:06:39 AM »
don't let people push you to doing something  :-\

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »
What you mean? I chose to do that and everyone wanted to see me do it.

Offline The Fallen

• Patas
  • We ain't got no meatballs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 02:37:28 PM »
I see what klay was saying. Everyone in the background was like "DO IT! OMG DO IT!" "YEAHHHH!!!" lol it sounded more like a stunt video no offense. And...sideways camera? my neck hurts now...
Animals should not try to act like Humans, But if i want to act like a dolphin who's gonna F%$^&ing stop me?

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 02:57:48 PM »
Yeah I know it's just they really wanted to see me do it and I thought of it. Also, I really have know idea why my friend held it sideways and she wasn't suppose to be taping the other person she was suppose to back up and film me going across. Hopefully after I get over my tendency to bring my feet down in the middle of a vault I will go for a run till then I'll be practicing.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 03:15:02 PM »
try training on your own. absolutely no one but you around. then you'll see why i said that  ;)

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »
I know I tried today but, I need some help with vaults and palm spins. I can do them inside my house but, something stops me when I go outside. I could use advice in how to get over this.

Offline Mike "Pyro" Araujo

• Mangabey
  • Pyro4pk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »
it might just be that you feel safer in your house. Don't worry if it looks great or if anyone walking by sees you. try to block everthing out and focus on the vault. After you do it once(even if you don't get it 100%) the fear will go away abit. and it will be easier to do. Now i am going to watch the video.

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 04:42:02 PM »
it is very important to start off free of friends watching you and telling you to do things. You may not be ready for what they want you to do, and you could hurt yourslef.
also, if you are just starting parkour, I suggest you train more on ground level (your roll was good though)
Also, if youre just going in a circle, it's pretty much pointless and not parkour
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »
I know it wasn't parkour by definition, and my roll and landing I have practiced ever since i was 4 taking karate and judo. Also I can do a palms spin and vaults inside my house but when I go outside I have a large mental obstacle. Also, my friends wern't egging me on I knew my limits and I know I could do that so I did when I went to do it I completely shut off my mind to everyperson around me not hearing what they were saying.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 04:46:49 PM by AD Titan »

Kipup

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 07:07:54 PM »
Kool, that's very respectable. We're all just trying to play it safe.

As far as the mental obstacle goes, I highly reccomend going to a gym if you can find one near you. It's a safe environment to learn new techniques in.
Also, I reccomend working the more natural vaults first outside because they don't come with the same mental blocks - ie. Lazys and Speeds. Kongs and Dashes can be really frightening when first learning - don't be in any rush and progress at you own pace.

Keep on training,

- Kipup

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 03:15:37 AM »
Ok thank you I'll try it out.