Author Topic: Good spot's in Wichita?  (Read 5773 times)

Offline static1234

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Good spot's in Wichita?
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »
 Hey, I am new to Parkour and stuf.. I want to get started right away, but I can't seem to find -any- places in Wichita to do it, if anyone knows any place here, please tell me.

ShutUpAndLetsDoThis

Re: Good spot's in Wichita?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:41:02 PM »
Tell me about it, I live on the west side, and it seems Buffalo park is the best place for me.... until they got rid of the old equipment. I like the Tennis courts though, since its chain link, it can support my weight pretty well. I use them to practice my vaults. Other than that, I'm not really sure, I haven't been around a lot. My school Northwest, has some pretty decent spots. and such.

Offline Pilk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:13:31 AM »
Im reletivaly out of shape, but once i do get in shape(currently doing all kinds of training and working out)...id be willing to get together with some people. im like a block to the left of Buffalo park lol.

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 05:43:15 AM »
Okay, here's something I just learned via the magical tool of facebook.

Message from John Zenner:
If you are truly interested in Parkour/Freerunning and want to be a part of the PK community in the Wichita area. I will be coaching a beginners and advanced Parkour class at Air Capital Gymnastics. If you are interested in the class message me back. If not, message me back anyway or add me as a friend so you can come hit some PK hotspots with me and everyone I train with.

I'm not sure if this guy's legit to train people, but I'm willing to check it out.

Also, I'm like across the street behind the Dillions of Maize and Central
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way

Offline Grimmjow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:58:00 AM »
I live on ridge and shadow lane and am new looking for help training and to hit some cool spots I have transportation, I am a chill person so if you guys wanna hang out, hit me up via pm I'm hoping to see someone contact me by tomorrow but who knows.

Offline Velocityforce2010

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 02:21:09 AM »
I am just posting on here to say hey what is up guys and know of anywhere good to practice at I am on the East side of town over by 47th street
and got to school with grimmjow
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:15:27 AM by Velocityforce2010 »

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »
Hey guys, welcome to the forums, and I'm glad there's some activity here in Wichita.

I live over by Maize and Central, and am also looking for some decent spots.
I usually just practice my kongs in Buffalo park on Maize. But if I'm downtown, Century II has some nice rails.
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 10:07:36 AM »
You can come to Derby. There are some good spots at Derby Middle School and Derby High School.
Quote from: Jim Wendler
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

Offline Whitexk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »
noob here anyone still on this thread?

Offline Spook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 07:52:31 AM »
Go to downtown Wichita... There is so much down there to practice on. And on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon nobody really gives a F ya know. The best one i have found so far is the fountain right by Century II. I live about a mile away from the river and Lawrence Dumont Stadium and all that at Maple and Seneca. Im usually down there on saturdays (weather permitting of course) contact me or come and find me down there if any of yall want to jam together. I F-ing hate training by myself.

Offline Church04

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »
WSU has some pretty awesome spots. theyre a bit isolated from each other so it'd be train one spot then hop to another. like spook said, lots of spots downtown though

Offline christianschlegel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »
perfect spots are, edgemoor park, downtown, and many others, if u want to do parkour with me and my friend chaz sometime hit me up

Offline Stephen Laster

• Guenons
  • How far to Asgard?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »
Hey guys, I'm normally part of the Texas scene, but I'm going to be in Wichita this weekend to stay with a friend of mine and was wondering if there's gonna' be people out training tomorrow.  Don't know if I'll be able to stay too long (don't know what she has planned, but when she lived in Texas she always loved coming to my spots with me and watching me train) but I'd love to meet up with some local people and see how y'all do it in Kansas!
-*Baldur*-

Offline pbrenner27

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 07:20:01 PM »
As a matter of fact I went to edgemoor park tonight.  We're planning on going again next week, tursday August 5th at 7:30pm

5815 E 9th Street North
Wichita, KS