Author Topic: Indiana Parkour: official team? website? clothing? etc?!  (Read 48395 times)

vrai

Indiana Parkour: official team? website? clothing? etc?!
« on: July 23, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »
Let's set something up. Why not have INPK? Our own line of
clothing, a website, official things. Why NOT?

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Parkour: official team? website? clothing? etc?!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
We've been working on it but its easier said then done.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

vrai

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »
Who exactly has been working on it?

Offline Anthony >Aladdin< Trnka

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Error417
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
I can answer that:
I posed almost the same idea a while back and it should be on the next page of posts if you wanna see.
The Problem we incountered is getting everyone together to talk about it. It simply wont work over the internet.
Things that need to be worked out:
1. Finance - it's not free to run a web site so who's gonna pay.
2. Maintanence - It will be alot of work, and since there are very few of us who have enough experience with web design the work won't be spread out very well.
3. Relevance - we don't meet enough to update the website with all of the different activity's and individual parkour news we each may have.

I think it would be better if we broke Indiana Parkour into it's three main parts, and each do there own thing as far as websites and such.
-Indy
-Connersville
-NWI
Aladdin

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 03:59:08 AM »
If we do a web site tho I think it should be of an unifited Indiana.  Shirts and stuff well lets see some drawings and take a vote on which one is the best then we can go on from there.

This is mainly because I don't feel like wearing a RPK4L shirt lol.

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Patrick "PyroPat" Caric

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
On the topic of clothes.  I'll try to scetch up some ideas for shirts and what not.. but people just start throwing out some slogans and ideas and i'll see what i can do.. I personally was just going to have some made with what ever i came up with.  Really i just wanted to be sponcering pk when im out training.

On the topic of website.  Aladdin is dead right and i like the idea of spliting up the site into 3 parts or at least local areas.  That way locals can compunicate.  Like this saturday we are haveing a small conditioning jam.  With funding.  Honestly I appriciate the work you did on searching aladin but i think in the end we need to come up with a price and maybe have dues.. or just all pitch in at a jam for the year.  ps. thanks for volenteering for matience aladdin :)
With the offical team.  I still feel we need a bit more organization and also do more parkour as a group before we start our gang.   But always remember, in the end parkour is so much more than all the mainstream bullshit.  Don't ever forget the art that is parkour, if you ever feel yourself getting caught up in all the drama.  Go jump on something...

vrai

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »
Allright well I'm for the divided indiana web-site idea. There is a free hosting site I know of, but its www.(iforgotthename).com/northwestindianaparkour(etc.). You cant have just your site if its for free. I have that site written down. Theres also another one i know thats only 20$ a year. And it can be www.nwipk.com--example.

But about the clothing. If we do this web-site thing divided, I'm def. gonna rock a NWIPK shirt, rather than JUST IndianaPK or something. I think if we had an ''official'' line of clothing it should be both for unified indiana and divided indiana, separate lines same discipline.
And also, the designs would need to change every year or something, just to spice it up (but im sure this would be no major problem.)
Maybe we could have wristbands and shorts too, and sweatpants.

Jeaux (were both from NWI) already makes us our own t-shirts. I'll tell him about coming up with some sketches too.

Well, to PYROPAT, more organization for indiana parkour relies heavily on (of course) the participation of the traceurs. How many
traceurs do we ACTUALLY have in Indiana, freerunners who actually go outside and practice, train, and condition? It doesnt seem like many at all. Do you mean more organization for IndianaPK as a TEAM?? Because I think that might be too hard. American Parkour isnt a team (i think) its just a site, with the Tribe as a little group as part of it. Similar here: Indiana Parkour SITE, local teams all soaked up into the site. (Kinda like the States all part of the Govt., but have separate identity with State names.)

Offline Anthony >Aladdin< Trnka

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Error417
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 08:02:20 PM »
Well here's a starter. Just an idea not an a finished design.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 04:37:01 PM by Anthony "Aladdin" Trnka »
Aladdin

vrai

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »
hahah! that made me laugh.  ;D
(no offense to your design!!)

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 08:31:50 AM »
Well i think if we have anything.  I like INPK more then just IPK seeing how the initials for the state are IN.

I really dont know how many practicing traceurs IN has.  Like i said i like the idea of IN being broken up into areas of where people get together so it can be more localized.  But I'm thinking of having a unified website so if people are curious about parkour they just go to check out the site and then from there have it break down into areas like NWIN and such.

vrai

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »
I second that.
The problem is how do we get the site set up?
Who will run which parts? Who will contribute money-wise?

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 11:22:40 PM »
It would be cheaper to have a state wide site that was say the forum part was devided up in to diffrent areas.  Then we only have to pay for one site instead of three.

and INPK looks better and IN4PK.com?

Clothing lets get some pictures up... And try not to piggy back off of other peoples designs I would love to see something orginal.  If it winds up needing some cleaning up I have a freind who might be able to help.

vrai

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »
and INPK looks better and IN4PK.com?

Whats the 4 for? Indiana four parkour?

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »
Pretty much I stole the Idea from a site i used to frequeten back in the day
 Cm2-4pk

its the town code in england with 4 parkour

I was thowing that out as an idea... and Indiana doesn't need an offical team by all means guys make your own but I feel to add credit to what we are doing we should advoid this at all costs take this from a guy who as watched such things for lil over three years.  Ever one in Indiana is all part of the Indiana team in my mind and should be treated as such.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »
hey dale did you ever get those warm up videos online or on a flash drive yet?

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 04:04:05 AM »
They are to big for online but I can throw them on to a external HD.

vrai

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
ABSOLUTELY! That's the only thought that I had in my mind.

Every one WILL be a part of INPK, and of course every traceur who lives in Northwest
Indiana will be a part of NWIPK. However the optio is up the individual to buy clothing
and INPK-support merchandise.

Absolutely no try-outs necessary.

Offline The RedBaron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »
as for clothing i think shirts or hoddies should be more localized rather than statewide considering the whole state wide thing isnt very organized as of now.  but i was thinkin something alone the lines of

Different Lines                 somewhere on the back
Same Discipline

and whatever the area for the shirt is bein rocked in the front.
maybe say INPK on the sleeve or somethin just so its still somewhat unified.

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 01:20:19 AM »
I am going to be making a shirt here soon and I will need to know who will want one should be about 10-15 shipping included.  Should be.  I will be posting designs and etc online.  one will be voted for and that is what we will have .... We will see how much more getting INPK put on the sleve will cost.

Offline Kyle Ryan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 09:00:52 PM »

Just a little design I made in a few minutes. You can rep it on your site or not, doesnt matter to me.

Just thought I would share. I might be making a few shirt ideas if I have time.

Heres the link for the pic:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/XxspearsjunkiexX/IndianaParkour.jpg