Author Topic: Regular Jams Thread  (Read 215472 times)

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
Re: Regular Jams Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2006, 12:02:26 PM »
IM is blocked BECAUSE of a proxy, Alicia. : | LEARN A DAMN COMPUTER BOOK!

Btw, everyone.... Brett just IM'd me concerning something that I believe I have forgotten to bring up to everyone, and that is the possibility of us going to Burlington to do a jam up there with those guys/gals ... THIS weekend... ... Sorry!!

I know it's short notice, but, thoughts?

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2006, 12:07:58 PM »
come on... :D

gym session/jam

probably around 4pm you guys show up, we play around either in the gym or outside...or both, and we'll go get dinner
Man cannot live without a continuous confidence in something indestructible within himself. - Franz Kafka

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »
heck yea man...that would be so awesome this weekend if we could.

oh yea...what day(s) this weekend ya'll thinkin??  a possibility would be leaving saturday around noon/1 ish, gettin to Burlington round 3 or 4, jammin it up. 

then we could either leave that day or chill there the night and come back sunday sometime....so post up with thoughts on this

and for this week chumps im game whenever...wednesday or thursday is all good....gonna be nice too, all hot n everythin

so yea just repy to this whenever ya'll feel like it

oh yea phoenix, check with people in Burlington to ask for a possible night stay over there.  like a floor and bedding would be sufficient, so yea check that out

peace

OH IDEA: DUDE lets sleep in the freakin GYM!!! they got pads n everythin...yeaaaa.  oh and if they got a foam pit, im callin it!!!!! take that jesus
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 01:22:25 PM by pr gringo »

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2006, 02:22:06 PM »
That'd be super sweet this w/e, I'm in 100%, I'm thinkin in the back of my head I might have had something to do, couldn't be that important.  As far as a Wednesday or Thursday jam, I'm in for either, or both  ;D .
 As far as the proxy thing, what Alicia is talkin about Cliff is I think if you could switch your proxy server to one that isn't blocking meebo you'd be able to use it.  I had friends do that stuff in high school too, you just gotta know the servers address is the thing.  At least I think that's how it goes.  Consequences might be a little worse if you were caught, hehe.
facebook // youtube // Flickr // North Carolina Parkour

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2006, 02:25:27 PM »
Just checked the weather, looks like rain tomorrow night  :-\.  Hope the wed. jam wasn't critical.  Clear skies Thur though  8) .

Offline conejito blanco velloso

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 02:39:08 PM »
....everything is last minute :'(

last minute doesnt work for me... if anything is goin down for a weekend, i need at least 2 weeks notice so i can ask off work. soooo i guess once again, i miss out.

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »
heck yea man...that would be so awesome this weekend if we could.

oh yea...what day(s) this weekend ya'll thinkin??  a possibility would be leaving saturday around noon/1 ish, gettin to Burlington round 3 or 4, jammin it up. 

then we could either leave that day or chill there the night and come back sunday sometime....so post up with thoughts on this

and for this week chumps im game whenever...wednesday or thursday is all good....gonna be nice too, all hot n everythin

so yea just repy to this whenever ya'll feel like it

oh yea phoenix, check with people in Burlington to ask for a possible night stay over there.  like a floor and bedding would be sufficient, so yea check that out

peace

OH IDEA: DUDE lets sleep in the freakin GYM!!! they got pads n everythin...yeaaaa.  oh and if they got a foam pit, im callin it!!!!! take that jesus

yeah, man...i'll check with Duncan and see what he says about the staying over thing...in the academy is probably not a good idea. master lee wouldn't be happy.

but saturday- somethings happening. i'll get back to you guys with a definite time...right now its lookin like around 4pm would be good
Man cannot live without a continuous confidence in something indestructible within himself. - Franz Kafka

Offline crazymike811

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 04:13:53 PM »
i'm confused whether or not we're still meeting tomorrow
---flow---

Offline IdMonk

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Don't click on this.
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »
B so stole my "Take that Jesus!" warcry.

I've gotta work from 10-2 on Saturday but I could go if y'all would be so kind as to push the gym time back a lil.

So are we up for tomorrow (Wednesday) or what?
Lava sharks and dairy products.

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 06:47:24 PM »
okokokokokokokokokokokokokok!!

the gym session on saturday is a go!!! ;D ;D. you guys come to burlington around 3 or 4-ish...we gym jam until people get tired, then we go eat somewhere.

i'd like a heads-up on how many people are gonna show. it's up to you guys how many you want to bring, i suppose ;)

warning: the gym is small...

if you guys really want to spend the night somewhere, we could definitely work it out. maybe not in the gym, but at houses or something, definitely.

uh...im not totally sure where you guys are starting from...but you're ending point is...

Lee Brothers Taekwondo Academy 793 Boone Station Dr. Burlington, NC  27215

so...saturday around 3 or 4?

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2006, 12:20:39 AM »
looks like i'm definitely out on this one... i have to work til 7 saturday and then 2-5 on sunday.  :'(

are we meeting tomorrow? er...well...today?

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2006, 06:05:02 AM »
I say yes to today, as long as it doesn't rain, it didn't rain last night and it's supposed to be raining now but it's not.  So it looks like odds are good for us.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2006, 06:40:03 AM »
Yikes, just looked at the weather forecast for tonight and it's calling for 60% chance of rain/t-storms all afternoon and evening.

I put fourth the idea of Wed jams b/c Mike just started his job at Topper's which has him scheduled pretty locked-in every Thursday night!
Sorry, Mike! Looks like the fates might be against you being able to jam this week. :P Maybe next week, man. :\

So if it's going to be raining tonight, the forecast for tomorrow (Thurs) looks good. So I'm throwing the chip down on regular day, regular time, regular place. :) Unless you all want to meet on the moon... dude think of the gaps you could get over on the moon!!

Oh, also my neighbor Brent txt'd me asking if he could bring a friend along, so that's 2 new faces this jam. :D

WHO'S GOOD FOR THURS?! I know I am hellz jea!

Concerning Saturday:

Brett: why is it we have to start at 4 and not a bit earlier? I would love to be able to get up there a couple or so hrs before that. What is the constraint?

North Carolina Traceurs

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »
thursday works

Offline crazymike811

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:57 AM »
that's cool, wish i could come out tomorrow, but i do have a calc test i need to study for, maybe it's fate saying that i should be paying some attention to school

i will be there in spirit ...god that sounds cheezy
---flow---

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2006, 09:25:49 AM »
Concerning Saturday:

Brett: why is it we have to start at 4 and not a bit earlier? I would love to be able to get up there a couple or so hrs before that. What is the constraint?

umm...if you guys wanna show up earlier you could, i guess, but us burlingtonians have a demo team practice that usually lasts from 2-4...if you wanna show up earlier and watch that, i guess you could, but...it's not that interesting...

OH! yeah...so...i probably told you guys that Master Tommy Chang came to visit Master Lee...aaaand master lee made duncan, lucas, and david throw together a video...in a week...demonstrating everything...from parkour skillz to falling skills...Duncan originally was not happy with this video, but he posted it up on the 3run forums and he's only gotten good opinions about it. so i don't see why i couldn't just hit you guys up with the link to it ;) most of it is pretty good stuff...i was impressed when i saw the video...also sort of gives you an idea of what kind of objects we have in the 'gym'

link 1: http://download.yousendit.com/B3BF06CE2C0025A5
link 2: http://download.yousendit.com/CAC4246D6646836D

this was all compiled in one week, edited all night by Duncan and presented to Master Chang during lunch one day.

so- you guys DO have directions right?

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2006, 09:47:45 AM »
umm...if you guys wanna show up earlier you could, i guess, but us burlingtonians have a demo team practice that usually lasts from 2-4...if you wanna show up earlier and watch that, i guess you could, but...it's not that interesting...

Well that answers my question! :)

I am really down with you guys' video man. I esp was all a/b the guy with the nunchaku! :D

As far as dir's go, you gave us the address so we can googlemaps it or something and that'll be the meetup spot. Unless there are any oddities a/b getting there or advice on what roads to take/not to take you can give us...

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2006, 10:56:25 AM »
 1. Head southwest from University City Blvd - go 34 ft
 2. Make a U-turn at University City Blvd - go 1.5 mi
 3. Turn left into the I-485 N entry ramp - go 2.8 mi
 4. Bear right onto the I-85 N ramp - go 95 mi
 5. Take exit 141 to Elon College - go 0.2 mi
 6. Turn left at Huffman Mill Rd - go 0.2 mi
 7. Turn left at Garden Rd - go 0.5 mi
 8. Turn right at Boone Station Dr - go 93 ft

so from what i can see- you basically get on 85 and follow that all the way...

right when you get off at exit 141, you turn right, and go to the light...there will be a chickfila on the left and an applebees across the street from the chickfila...turn left there and then just follow the road up past the goldencorral, steaknshake, walmart, and hooters...keep going and itll be a road on the right...there should be a fancy-looking sign that says "Boone Station"...turn right and the academy is on your left.

Start address: 9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28213

End address: 793 Boone Station Dr
Burlington, NC 27215

Distance: 100 mi (about 2 hours 0 mins)

if you guys have any questions let me know...hopefully ill see you guys on saturday!! ;D ;D

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2006, 12:11:46 PM »
quick and sweet:

Thursday jam regular time: YES
Saturday around 3 or 4: YES

at thursday's jam, we should talk about transportation and exact times for meeting this saturday. 

HEAD COUNT: ME 8)

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2006, 12:19:11 PM »
Totally with you, B.

Thurs: YES
Sat: 90% YES (Don't see why not. Just have to be abs sure I'm not forgetting something critical, as I am wont to do)

Thanks for those dir's, Brett. Sounds simple! :D

>:(

Haha, look at that face. :D

North Carolina Traceurs