Author Topic: Cool yamakasi video  (Read 6765 times)

Offline DistortedTruth

• Patas
  • The wannabe admin...and the lovable posting whore
    • View Profile
Re: Cool yamakasi video
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Oh my god.  I only got to watch a little bit last night and I'm watching more right now (will finish later) and I'm at the part where the guy is at the beginning wall with the mayor.  Is THIS where Parkour began?  Was that the VERY first wall to train on?  Wow...I have so much respect for Traceurs now.  To see what they have to go through and how Parkour started.  Amazing.  Makes me want to start even more

:o
The world is our playground.  PK.
-Nick

Offline Pat Kerby

• Guenons
  • To old to Parkour
    • View Profile
    • www.kerbybrothers.com
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 12:40:29 PM »
Those guys are amazing.  To have a group that large at that skill level is really something.  It was also very well produced and shot.  Some of those 5 story roof leaps toward the end are totally amazing.
Director of "Essence of The Force" at www.kerbybrothers.com, and "Fightscenes For Motion Pictures" at www.kbproducts.com

Gearsighted

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 01:06:54 PM »
Wait, does this one have subtitles? The one I watched was all in French, which means it changed nothing about my outlook on Parkour :p

Offline DistortedTruth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 02:07:29 PM »
Yes gear, this one has subtitles.  Its all in French with English subtitles. 
-Nick

Gearsighted

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »
Yep, watching it now, and to think I have already watched it twice with nothing but French and great movement (not to mention the near-death fall at the end) to keep me going!

Offline DistortedTruth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »
Trust me, youll be glad you watched with subtitles.  I gotta watch the rest after I study Spanish, lol.  Hopefully soon.  They dont mention the name "Parkour" for reasons im not sure, but what they say directly relates to Parkour and what they're doing is basically Parkour.  They have some great...er...philosophies I guess about Parkour, and great ideas and such.  I dunno how else to describe it.  They say good things about Parkour...there, haha.
-Nick

Gearsighted

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »
Well, they were there for its inception as what we know today, and regardless of whatever might underly the split between them, Belle and Seb, they still have more to say about its background than most people who might choose to say more :p

Offline DistortedTruth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »
Thats what I meant, lol.  I couldnt get that out.  I mean, they said some pretty good things about Parkour.  I mean, its amazing what they can do and what they do for eachother.  Train together, workout together...they trust eachother more than anyone I know.  I mean, they're trusting eachother with their lives...thats difficult to do sometimes.  And thank you for clearing that up.  I didnt know they were like...the very first Parkour group.  Is this group like...a different generation, but still the first group?
-Nick

Gearsighted

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »
Quite a few of the Yamakasi (if not all of them...I think William Belle is too young...) were there with David Belle in the very beginning. Through various situations, they had their differences and went their seperate ways. Yamakasi began to train in their own style (known simply as Yamakasi now, I am pretty sure) while Belle and Seb continued with Parkour. Then THEY had a falling out, and Seb made Jump London and the term Freerunning was coined....

blah blah blah blah

Offline DistortedTruth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »
Ahhh, well.  I'm still watching and what these guys do is simply...beautiful...I dont know how to put it any other way.
-Nick