Author Topic: duble kong help  (Read 3150 times)

Offline spiderman7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
duble kong help
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:54:10 PM »
hay guys im having a little truble with my duble  and its mostly my dismount i ether bang my knees or land on my butt any help?
cant back down, cant give in, never give up and never say die

Offline sonofageek007

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: duble kong help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »
Alright well im no expert and i personally haven't done them a whole lot. But what i see that really helps to keep from bringing your feet down onto whatever your jumping is to really arch your back and pull your legs up as high as possible. so that your feet are higher than your head, it's kinda scary at first cuz you feel like your gonna have a makeout session with the obstacle or ground, but as long as you can keep your hands in front of you your fine. SO....

run to obstacle--jump early and high/hard-- get feet extra high--as your hands are leaving there SECOND spot and your going to land--tuck knees to chest and roll back to get feet in front of you-- extend legs and land in a rellativly standing position.

that might be confusing but if you think through each of those and see it in your head, it will all come together perfectly. Hope that helps though

Offline Nick Kelly

• Mangabey
  • Parkour Horizons
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Horizons
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:19:00 PM »
What obstacles do you often face that you need a double kong for? I'd continue to focus on basics and conditioning before you worry about movements like a double kong.

Offline spiderman7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
i think i have the bacics down and im going to chicago on monday for a week or so so im going to be doing stuff down there
cant back down, cant give in, never give up and never say die

Offline Nick Kelly

• Mangabey
  • Parkour Horizons
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Horizons
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 12:27:40 AM »
i think i have the bacics down and im going to chicago on monday for a week or so so im going to be doing stuff down there

How do you define "basics"?

Don't worry about complex and high impact movements like a double kong until you're more experienced and well conditioned. Parkour is more than a list of vaults to learn. Expand your horizons and you'll begin to see how many more important things there are to train.

Offline Rockwell

• Mangabey
  • "There's alot that I don't know...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »
A double kong is much more dangerous, complex, higher impact and simply put. unnecessary. In practically every situation for a double kong, a single will suffice.   

Condition.  :)
What if you fail?
I won't.

"Dude how did you rip your pants?!?!?"
"Well when you travel at the speed of awesome...."

"Fast. Run Fast.Run so God damned fast. Why? Dreams don’t catch themselves."

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »
I agree, just start off with the basic kong vault and yes condition alot, one thing i say for teh double kong is that you got to get over the first before you even get to the second. If you don't think about the first kong, you'll EAT the second one.  :-Sarcasm  [WTF] :P
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline Lacedup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:15:50 AM »
My friend Jake and I set up some blocks at Omega gymnastics, it was about 16 feet long. I actually found it easier to double kong over it than to single kong it, it gave me more air time, and it kept me from hitting my feet. If you are doing something huge, use how ever many you feel necessary. but if your doing something say the size of a picnic table, jst stick with a single. the only advice i could give on that subject, is just go to a gym, set up some blocks, and try them there, that way, if you faceplant you wot hurt yourself, build up your confidence first, its all in your head.
"The  only time success comes before work, is in the dictionary."-Unknown