Author Topic: Am I the first?  (Read 12889 times)

Offline 151Henry151

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Am I the first?
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
I believe I may be the first Vermonter to join the boards.

I've only just begun, but I am inspired and I will go far.

If you are in the Vermont area and would like to help me learn, please contact me.

I'm going outside to practice my roll.

Offline grif598

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the first?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
i live in vermont and me and my older friend want to learn parkour where do you live and do you know any good spots to practice parkour.
i live in underhill and go to mmu.
im sorry if im rushing i just didn't know any other vermonts where on here ;D
im 14 my friend is 18 [more like a brother] so if you are older and don't want to practice with us it is ok  :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:01:43 PM by grif598 »

Offline Keegan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
yeee ahhhh, the third vermonter. i wish there were different parkour jams around here.

Offline Fapos

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 07:15:05 PM »
4th Vermonter? ha ha I'd say our small state is on it's way to greatness! I haven't done much parkour myself, I'm just starting, but I'd love to learn more.

Offline Deadmanhanging

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »
    5th Vermonter!  I have only been doing parkour for a little while while I'm not in school.  I am slowly getting better.

Offline pip the brit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »
hey guys, we need to get each other's address so we can set up a jam at some point, sound like a plan?

Offline vash_the_stampede

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
Oh good, recent posts! Any chance of a few of us just picking a time and place and seeing where it leads? (Burlington would be preferable.)

Offline Mud Buddha

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »
Hey peoples, this is a copy of a post I just made on New England Parkour's Vermont forum...

Aloha,

I spent my winter injured, but the warming air has expedited my healing and I'm back into training intensely. I've advanced a couple steps past beginner and that should turn into a dozen or so steps by the end of this summer.

So I'm really interested in starting a Parkour community up here, so I wanted to let you know what's been going on and hopefully get some of you participating.

First I've been getting people together to run in Burlington every other week. We've found a couple nice playgrounds and a few nice spots to practice and we get together and have fun. It's not very serious yet, but it's definitely going to get there at some point.

Second I've started building a parkour training course at my house in Waterbury, which anybody is welcome to come train at anytime. I have an amazing river behind my house with awesome rock formations and downed trees all over the place that makes for an awesome course. I've just started adding ropes and sawing all the limbs off of the downed trees that run across the water. I've also started building small obstacles in the front yard to practice balance and precision jumping. As soon as I get the materials I'm going to set some beams and make a real parkour playground that is relatively tall and curves around the side and to the back of the house. Anyone who wants to contribute time, materials (think recycled playground... unused wood and building materials), or transportation of materials (pick up), would be hugely welcomed to use the training facility whenever.

Lastly I heard there was a parkour jam starting in front of Radiobean in Btown at 9pm on Wednesday nights but I called the number in response and no one ever called me back.

I am going to be doing Tuesday parkour evening jams/practices this summer. We will meet at my house for parkour and potluck dinner/fire sometimes, other times we will meet somewhere in MontP or Btown, and occasionally we'll probably meet up and head somewhere like smugglers notch.

anyone is invited to join any of this just send me a message either here or at zenmurphy@gmail.com

One love parkour peoples.

- Mud

Offline olester13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »
I LIVE IN WINDSOR VERMONT!

Offline bballking583

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »
Hey guys, we should so get all of our addresses and hang out and jam. I live in Waterbury, Vermont and we need to find a good spot to jam. It's hard to do it where I live, but maybe we can do it it Burlington. We could start a group and everything and if we are really lucky. My address is 397 Kneeland Flats Trailer Park

-Josh

Offline vivalarevolucion

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:30 PM »
I am sorry to post this so many months after the last post, but if anybody does get this, I am in need of some parkour/free running comrades in Vermont. There are none in my school so far as I know, and I have been asking a lot of people about it and they all are too cowardly to even practice with me. If there are any groups or teams in the state, I would like to know about it. Also I live way over to the east in Saint Johnsbury, so Burlington is quite a drive. Nice to know that there are some interested individuals on this side of the Atlantic, keep it crazy.

Offline elsoccerking

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 01:45:49 PM »
dude i live in saint johnsbury too

Offline jwatson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Storage Garage, Portable Buildings, Instant Garages
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 07:10:13 AM »
Hi All
I also from Vermont...
Have a nice day

Offline Max Hummel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 02:18:15 PM »
Hey vermonters. Right now im in Pennsylvania but ill be up in vermont (Burlington) come the start of the semester for college. going to UVM i will probably be looking for people up there to pk with because i have no intention of quitting. Hopefully ill see u guys there sometime or ill check up again here to find people. see ya August   ;D

Offline BroTard

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »
Hey guys. I myself live in Burlington :­D I've been on just about every building downtown. Feel free to text me if you want help/to meet up. I'm 16 by the way.

Offline jwatson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Storage Garage, Portable Buildings, Instant Garages
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 09:07:35 AM »
Hi Vermont.
I myself live in Burlington, Vermont, USA.
Feel free to PM me if you want help/to meet up. I am 28 by the way, and have portable buildings store in vermont.

Offline Raiden

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 06:51:25 AM »
Hey guys, i'm from Lake placid area... I'd be willing to head over to Burlington if someone could train me a little? or maybe you'd like to see plattsburgh and stuff? haha. anyways, be sure to hit me up with a PM

Offline Broberge22

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 05:35:43 AM »
Hey, i just started parkour a few weeks ago, went downtown once or twice.  I'm looking for a good parkour buddy,  my friend is mildly interested, but really wants to climb and jump without proper basics .  my email is broberge22@yahoo.com

Offline Raiden

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 08:39:44 AM »
downtown where?

Offline Broberge22

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »
I have been around Burlington a few times.  I haven't really found that many good places.  i am interested in finding a good training partner to train with me and my friends.