Author Topic: New Wannabe Freerunner in Cheyenne.  (Read 6802 times)

Offline ninjamyst

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New Wannabe Freerunner in Cheyenne.
« on: June 17, 2008, 03:25:42 PM »
Greetings, I have begun to take up to the idea of learning how to Freerun. My web name is Myst and have started to condition myself to hopefully begin a true hobby freerunning very soon. I am from Cheyenne and most commonly known for being one of the top expert players of the In The Groove 2 dance game in the Frontier Mall's Time Out Arcade. I am not in the best shape for the task yet, but I have dropped 20 pounds from vigorous exercise within the last month or so in a effort to start training. Though I have started to practice my rolls and landings now. Be fun to talk so post back.

Offline Wyo Daniel

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Wyoming Parkour
Re: New Wannabe Freerunner in Cheyenne.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »
Hey, I live in Cheyenne and have been doing parkour for about 2 years. I have several friends that practice with me, but we all focus a lot more on parkour than freerunning. However, if you'd like someone to practice with, I'd love to meet up with you.
Front leaning rest position, move. In cadence!

Offline Terdai13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • only those who try succeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:23:30 PM »
hey what up, if you wanna hit my group up, text me, or email me, 640-3652 or shadowwolf0908@brsnan.net. and daniel we've been over this freerunning adn parkour are the same, david belle even said so so ssshhhh. oh btw that vid, i didn't make i just put it up, so i don't have that opinion of you cause we havn't met, so yea, anyway peace

TAJ
"Effort within the mind further limits the mind, because effort implies struggle towards a goal and when you have a goal, a purpose, an end in view, you have placed a limit on the mind".
Bruce Lee

Offline soul_firez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 07:26:49 PM »
Now dont get me wrong im a lil new but ive read a bit and free running and parkour are like ice skating and figure skating where as free running is more elegant. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:14:47 PM by soul_firez »

Offline Wyo Daniel

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Wyoming Parkour
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 10:00:30 AM »
That's actually a pretty good way of describing it.
Front leaning rest position, move. In cadence!

Offline Terdai13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • only those who try succeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 08:45:20 PM »
pretty much, love the analogy
"Effort within the mind further limits the mind, because effort implies struggle towards a goal and when you have a goal, a purpose, an end in view, you have placed a limit on the mind".
Bruce Lee

Offline Jehuty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »
Now dont get me wrong im a lil new but ive read a bit and free running and parkour are like ice skating and figure skating where as free running is more elegant. 

I don't know if "elegant" is quite the word I'd use...  I think "flashy" is closer to the truth.  The analogy is very sound though; parkour more purely serves a specific utility whereas free running usually contains unnecessary acrobatic moves such as flips that are meant purely for show.