Author Topic: Parkour: an Irony  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Andrei Semenov

• Patas
  • Can't beat the feelin'
    • View Profile
Parkour: an Irony
« on: June 16, 2008, 05:33:18 AM »
What I've noticed as of late is quite ironic...

Parkour/Freerunning "hot spots" are mostly found in handicap ramps and areas created for handicaps.

All those winding ramps with great kongs to precisions with under bars and cranes.

ehh ehh irony!

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?”

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour: an Irony
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:11:38 AM »
oh, you mean the handikong ramps LOL. (term coined by Ryan Ford)

Offline Charlie" Frontflip" Chase

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:56:11 PM »
Ahahaha i get the irony, ohh thanks for pointing that out, I'm sure not all to many others will share my opinion though.
What you see depends on what you're looking for.
What is worse Ignorance or Apathy?
I don't know and i don't care.

Offline Tony - Shinobi TXPK/EPPK

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • El Paso Parkour
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »
Yeah.... this reminds me of an incident when I first started training that left me feeling like an a-hole. I was training on the rails at my local World Market when some old guy came through it with a severe limp and a cain.  I was getting an ugly stare from him the whole time he was walking by, so I just waited for him to be done.  When he was almost through I started my training again and he turned around and yelled at me, telling me that this was not a playground and that the ramp was not meant to be used that way!  I kindly explained to him that I was just exercising (didn't want to go into detail with an old man to try in justify my training by explaining what parkour was, they are already stuck in their ways).  So I just got my stuff and moved on to another spot before he could get the employees to call security. 
Very ironic, the only people who are forced to use it would most likely be angry at the only other people that really want to be using it.  Unfortunately, in most cases it is probably because they are angry at our ability to use it for our purpose.

Eh.

Tony
www.elpasoparkour.com
www.texasparkour.com
Check on the rep, yep, second to none!

shadow1234

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:06:29 PM »
Yeah.... this reminds me of an incident when I first started training that left me feeling like an a-hole. I was training on the rails at my local World Market when some old guy came through it with a severe limp and a cain.  I was getting an ugly stare from him the whole time he was walking by, so I just waited for him to be done.  When he was almost through I started my training again and he turned around and yelled at me, telling me that this was not a playground and that the ramp was not meant to be used that way!  I kindly explained to him that I was just exercising (didn't want to go into detail with an old man to try in justify my training by explaining what parkour was, they are already stuck in their ways).  So I just got my stuff and moved on to another spot before he could get the employees to call security. 
Very ironic, the only people who are forced to use it would most likely be angry at the only other people that really want to be using it.  Unfortunately, in most cases it is probably because they are angry at our ability to use it for our purpose.

Eh.

Tony
www.elpasoparkour.com
www.texasparkour.com

Or he could have just been a grumpy old man. You don't have to stereotype every handicapped person.

Offline Stoic96

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 12:09:46 AM »
Or he could have just been a grumpy old man. You don't have to stereotype every handicapped person.

"Grumpy old man" isn't stereotyping?  Why don't you try adding something to the discussion, instead of throwing poo?