Author Topic: Full list of recommended gear for PK  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Full list of recommended gear for PK
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »
LOL, I can't remember now which one of them said it, but either Jereme or Tyson commented that he might be able to shave his facial hair off with his bare hands because of the calluses. That image still makes me laugh.

Offline Mike Sechler

• Guenons
  • "Support your local traceur!"
    • View Profile
    • Team UV
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 04:38:22 AM »
Hey y'all! i'm looking for a list of gear you guys recommend for parkouring outdoors. that means everything from shoes, pants, and shirts, to glasses, backpacks, and hats. put no cap on the price range. thanks!
-connor

Heres a list of some gear.

1. Medium fitting shirt - Great for your skin when rolling

2.Flexible pants - Workout pants or similar that do not restrict movement

3. Good Shoes- Things to look for are grip, shock absorbtion, tread, height, and weight. (K Swiss makes PK Shoes)

Other:

Small backpack - Alot of people need to bring the essentials (wallet, keys, etc) so a small backpack is nice to have. One that straps around your body is good. You want to keep stuff out of your pockets

Water - HYDRATION

Sunglasses and hats - These tend to be more of a distraction. They can fall off, be lost, or injure you. Not a great idea.

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed on the concrete"

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 04:59:56 AM »
Soft and buttery. That got a chuckle out of me. It's actually gotten to the point that I have to file my callusses to prevent scratching up my face.

Nick, I wear sweatpants year-round but I've trained with shorts once or twice, to what kind of nicks and scrapes are you referring?

Houston has a heat problem during the summer; most of the time the only things you need are shoes and a pair of trousers.

He's probably talking about little stuff like this..

Offline tekneek

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Free fall is the ultimate high.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »
lol i didnt need the picture!
It's that moment where you're upside-down in midair or jumping from 20 feet up. Everything else just disappears. That's how I define tranquility.

Offline Sam Zytka

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 05:16:51 PM »
No one has said this yet but this really messed my movement up, underwear, i had pretty normal boxers nothing special but then i bought these stretch boxers that are kinda lightweight and silky but the best part is that they stretch with my body, before my underwear would really start to stick to me when i sweated and i bought these stretch underwear and they are perfect

Offline Iceucold

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 05:55:29 PM »
I lean towards boxer briefs. They move with you and restrict less. Of course, you could always go commando.
Abs Patentia Veni Perfectio.

If it doesn't have four legs or fly, *expletive deleted* it.

-Desmund from Houston Parkour