Author Topic: Parkour inspiration  (Read 2214 times)

Offline crazy.beaver

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Parkour inspiration
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:31:07 PM »
I want to know what parkour means to everyone ;D
for me it is a style of life that means more to me than anything
it allows me to be free, in my own troubled world
I may not be the best at parkour now but I am inspired to work at it
until my body can work no more : :D

Offline Occido

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour inspiration
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:42:39 PM »
That's about the same for me. Actually, really for myself it's a symbol of motivation, and renewed physical activity (and the enjoyment of that activity.) Sure I've been doing Cross Country and Track over the past few years, but it's never meant anything to me. I do it to stay in shape, not for fun. Now I have something I'm looking to achieve and to work to, and I have a personal motivation to do it.

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
Re: Parkour inspiration
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 07:55:14 PM »
Nicely put Adam.

Me? wow, how to put my thought into word in ways everyone can comprehend the deep significance I see behind parkour.

I'll give it a try.

Why did I get into it, I have always been a practitioner of movement and fitness freak, martial arts, dance, gymnastics, breakdance, capoeira. When I first saw "street climbing" as I so innocently and oblivious used to call it, I though it was great, fun, great exercise, risky, and a good adrenaline rush. As a show man that I have always been, and addicted to attention, it was another way for me to feed my need for it while keeping me in shape and make my heart pump.

That lasted VERY little.

Very soon, I started to identify all this emotions and feeling when training. Fear, insight fight, confidence rush, relieve, freedom and achievement. I enjoyed this feelings but never was really able to identified them in way I can use them to re-evolve.

In my journey with parkour my perspective about life and what truly means to be alive has changed. I have always been a modern free soul at heart, believer that the current system makes you belive of a freedom when you are really just another mouse trapped into a labyrinth of options provided to you by other man while making you belive you are makng the decisions... but thats another story.

I practice parkour for the simple fact that I am a animal creation of mother nature, I live, breath. I am created to experience the feeling of being truly alive as a free creature of nature. I am created to move.

I myself have chosen to follow the steps of a man who decided to follow his own path with disregards of anything. A path of freedom that allows you to tune into your mind, tap into those thought and instincts most of of chose to avoid or ignore. Fear, and risk. Parkour allows me to control my fear and believe in myself, my training, my dedication. Parkour has helped develop a new vision that keep me from seeing obstacles but rather opportunities and possibilities to use my mind in order to create a solution. Parkour allows me to scape from the limitation of modern society, to discover what my body is capable of doing, to control how much my mind can affect the decision I will make based in fact rather than fears. To used my fears to live and train safe rather than stopping me from achieving my goals helping me become a better person.

As we all know parkour is not a sport but an activity, not only a physical one, but mental and spiritual that reaches you and affects you in ways you never expected.

Going back to the roots is all I can say. I can express with words what PK means to me.

And I quote myself

"It is a constant challenge, a constant progression. Yeah, you achieve your goals but once you achieve something there is something else you want to achieve"
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi